Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

andrew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2005, 12:30 am

im convinced, somehow we gravitate to one another (aspies i mean)

my girlfriend is classicly aspie. since i moved i have made 1 friend even more of an aspie. all my past friends in elementary school (now that i looked back) are on the spectrum if u look for about a second. the vet even said my dog is basicly autistic. does anyone else notice this?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 12:33 am

I don't really attract them, If I do, most of the time I don't like them much.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 1:07 am

I don't seem to attrack anyone anymore, IRL. :?

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 2:20 am

Out of all my friends (which number about 12), only 1 or 2 of them could be considered normal or NT... The rest are..weird. I seem to have alot of weird friends... Quite strange,

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2005, 4:44 am

I seem to be very attractive now that i dont care anymore, apparently alot ofwomen at my job (large hospital) were sad when I got married! well, where the hell were they when I was single and why didn't they approach me and explain in detailed fashion that they thought i was hot! :D

Oh well, sex drive is nearly zero anyway.......

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 6:06 am

Like begets like, we usually attract similar people because similar people gravitate towards eachother.

Same with NT's.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2005, 8:37 am

its true enough for me that i attract like a magnet anybody who is not normal and other strange people, mostly people who are LD, or psychotic.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 9:04 am

I seem to attract drunks, not aspies :roll:

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2005, 10:11 am

I kno 2 people with formal diagones of AS 4 who I kno have it and 4 of whome I have suspicions and all my other friends have “artistic temperaments”

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 6:43 pm

ed wrote:
I seem to attract drunks, not aspies :roll:

Same. It might be my time spent at that seedy pub, though.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 7:01 pm

I attract small animals. they take notice of me as I walk by.

((Psychology in-joke))

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 9:23 pm

I agree that we attract each other; not necessarily that we like each other. I can be in a crowded room and tell immediately if there is anyone "else" like "this." Before I had very severe social phobias, if I did find myself in a crowded social situation, invariably the weirdest people in the room would be standing next to me within a matter of minutes. Even in places like the subway. So I would have to agree with this concept.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 9:46 pm

I do tend to attract people who have neurological and or mental problems. since about the fifth grade. (My friend Shaina she was Autistic, Then My friend Robin who didn't get enough air to the head as a baby,my evil ex-friend Samantha who had extensive Mental problems and Bipolar, My friend Grant who was HFA, My Friend Lily who says she has ADD But I suspect she was misdiagnosed and is Probably Bipolar, and My newest friend Kyle who I was corect in suspecting as Aspie.)

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2005, 9:58 pm

Now that I ponder it, one of my friends is possibly an aspie. Me ex-girlfriend might be, too. I can't tell exactly, though. :?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 10:03 pm

I need to meet more Aspies...seriously...

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 11:05 pm

ajs_line_of_silver wrote:
all my other friends have “artistic temperaments”

Is that a nice way of saying subject to mood swings, passionate, emotionally sensitive, creative, self-indulgent, sensual, spontaneous, and annoyed by artificial constraints? At least that's what I think of when I think of the stereotypical artist.

By the way, no, I do not believe we are necessarily attracted to people very similar to ourselves in every way. I'm most attracted to people who are, at least in some regards, almost the opposite of myself: friendly and at least somewhat outgoing, very empathetic, and optimistic. Of course, I guess there would be some similarities, too; but I consider these to be among the pre-eminent personality traits of someone I'd most likely be attracted to. I'd find a woman who's even shyer and more intellectual than I am to be a little much for my taste. I'm already in the shy and intelligent zone; I want to expand my life and experiences, not shift around in the mire.