Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Flipmode
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 12:36 am

Did anybody wander off alot when they were little kids? To the point to where it happened almost all the time.

When I say wander off I mean going off by yourself alot instead off sticking with a group of people.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:40 am

Um, this is a progressive thing for me. Two types of wandering-for fun (I'm a curious guy, what can I say), and when I'm trying to think. Lets say I go into a Wal-Mart for a saw, I'll end up wandering the whole store because I forgot what I needed and when I end up in the hardware department my memory will be "triggered."

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:51 am

I was disoriented most of the time and if I wasnt I was just pretending not to be, like ya learn to copy other people but sometimes what ever world I was in or where I was cause I dont know.. its like where did every one go. What day is.. what time is it. Is it becoming morning or night and where are my shoes. Every time, maybe not every I would like find myself lost in time and so annoying for bout every week I had to keep buying myself new shoes cause the previous I would lose one.. I would always take one off but I cant remember where or doin this. Sometimes I wouldnt know what city or hospital I was in.
Well guess I wasnt so little then but I cant really remember when I was.
Where ever I was I could always find my way back home again but how I got there I dont know. To lose tracks of days and night n no recollection but a few flash backs, if that, is a very :roll: place to be

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:05 am

yes i was and still am a wanderer unfortunely

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:06 am

Yes I wander off all the time as a kid and I still do....

I don't like groups as much. I would always find the nearest animal and just chill with them.

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 1:48 am

Yep I wandered off a lot as a kid. At school trips to a forest otr so I was on my own because then you could see nature better, in a noisy group that was impossible. My teachers talked a lot to my mum about my behaviour, but my mum thought I made sense and wasn't worried about it. (She is an Aspie too...). As a kid I sometimes even fell asleep when walking in a group and I couldn't get out, so I got really really tired.
I still wonder off as an adult and I always get lost. I have a reputation for it now. I don't seem to be able to pay attention of where I am, just what I see.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2008, 5:29 am

Yeah, I do this. Without fail. Everywhere.

24 Jul 2008, 9:06 am

There was one time when I was 6 I think when my father would take me to this island resort when he was doing work there on cabins. I remember him saying once that as soon as we docked, I got out of the boat and ran off to explore.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 9:10 am

Full of wander topic

Just call me the wanderer. This may be part of Autism, following your nose, wherever it goes, off the beaten path, discovering this and that. It is certainly a prerequistie of science and research. A good thing. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 9:19 am

I think I have wandered, I know that when I was a child in a store I got lost and that scared me. But I have always been one for following the rules, and not getting into area where I am not alowed, but my mind often wonders off.

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 10:17 am

Yes, I wandered all the time-away from school, my family, anyone.

I was lost at the age of two.

I remember wanting to be lost-not sure why-attention?

My son is a wanderer. He likes attics, closed spaces, basements, shortcuts, you name it.

Cormac_doyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2008, 10:23 am

yep ... I'd wander off regularly

still do ... but since I'm an adult, I can always argue that I meant to do it :)

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2008, 10:24 am

I wander. When I worked at the mall the best part was wandering the back hallways after hours. It is like some rat maze back there. I wander around the campus if I am early for class.
I wandered around my subdivision for the longest time before I got it all memorized. I delivered papers there for probably a year before I could take a different route knowing where I would end up. I had to do my route the same way each time or I would have missed entire streets.

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 10:33 am

I just thinkin that i use to day dream alot because epilepsy. I know at school I was always gettin in trouble for missing class but I didnt hear or know the bell went off n I just think I must have being having a seizure. I ended up not finishes high school because I never new were every one was, if it was time to go to class, what class or whatever. I was so sick of getting in trouble FOR ATTENTION or because I was on drugs. It was niether. After a while people get sick of you asking them where is this class, where is every one or whatever n if it wasnt people thinkin I was an attention seeker. It was like 'what planet are you from'
I couldnt handle it any more so I did distant education n I tried n tried but couldnt focus on anything. I think this trancing out is typical of epilspy I was diagnosed with. Then when I started using things got much worse were I'd lose night n days at a time.
People with autism n epilepsy are vunerable to trancing out n wandering off. Well that is what I think. That I know I have epilepsy.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:18 pm

Flipmode wrote:
Did anybody wander off alot when they were little kids? To the point to where it happened almost all the time.

When I say wander off I mean going off by yourself alot instead off sticking with a group of people.

am also did it/still do it,the home staff here call it 'absconding' and have put several alarm systems in [to warn those in the office as the staff with am dont always hear am,the alarms do not make any noise upstairs],but am still run away quicker than any staff can catch am even though am always bare footed.
am only ever go to the same place [down certain alleyways] so am easily found anyway.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:24 pm

Im leavin this forum cause Im sik of everyone talkin abstract BS
am this
and am that
and am alarm..
How am I supposed to know what that means..
n how annoying :x