Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:08 pm

Obama here for many different reasons.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2008, 12:14 pm

Definitely Obama because he's the only one out of those two that will bring any change at all :P Mccain just seems like another George Bush to me... :P

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:21 pm

SierraBell wrote:
Definitely Obama because he's the only one out of those two that will bring any change at all :P Mccain just seems like another George Bush to me... :P

Agree along with McCain being a Neo-Conservative as well.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:55 pm

Can someone cast my vote for Obama ? :wink:

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2008, 1:02 pm

I don't trust Obama.

McCain all the way.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:06 pm

I am so Obama. I just would love to see a president who can actually pronounce "NUCLEAR" . . .

Kris

Balefire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2008, 1:33 pm

Obama. Even though he is for more government, it would be worth it to have an articulate president that acknowleges that torture is wrong, we need to stop using so much oil, and our economic policy under Dubya was a faiure. Besides, McCain is a George W. Bush that actually served in the military, Bush in the Air National Guard doesn't really count :wink:. McCain supporters, help him become exciting by clicking here. He really needs it...

Brunny
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2008, 1:58 pm

Obama is better than McCain obviously but it is a shame he has basically said he is not going to make any serious attempt to help resolve the Palestine/Israel issue. Also, that he's kind of thinking of going to war with Iran.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 3:25 pm

Is anyone going to the Democratic National Convention being held in Denver, Colorado beginning August 22nd through August
25th?

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:18 am

I like him for many different reasons, one of which is the fact that he talks to the American public as if we are his equals.

He doesn't talk down to us, or pretend to be 'just like us' in order to gain votes. He doesn't use cutesy phrases to describe our economy or dumb down words to ‘our level’ in speeches as people running for office sometimes do. But he doesn't act haughty and superior towards us either. He talks to us by simply talking to us.

Just his style of speaking gives me confidence that he won't deceive us to such a degree as we have been (incessantly) in the past. I trust him and do not think that feeling of mine should be undervalued.

He just seems so reliable and strong. If he gets elected I have very high hopes for… well… the instilling of hope in our country. Every candidate has excellent, appealing and often very admirable ideas and goals for ‘if they are elected president,’ but the question is, will they actually follow through with what they are saying? Many haven’t in the past. We still have rampant abortion, poor education budgets, homelessness, and numerous other problems that have not been fixed. Many haven’t even been adequately addressed or even been attempted to be resolved. I trust Obama and believe that he will follow through with what he’s sayingand that’s why I’d vote for him.

Yes we can! XD

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:26 pm

Obama, while brownnosing to be 'centrist' and 'patriotic' and s**t (See his speech in Berlin yesterday for proof of that, ugh) isn't sucking right-wing dick unlike John McCain

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2008, 6:30 pm

Obama speaks intelligently and sounds honest to me. McCain sounds like he's reading a script and is making up stories to try to convince you of something.

There are a lot of issues, which I don't have time to go into, but the war in Iraq is a big one.

However, I am getting a little disappointed in Obama lately. He's starting to sound a bit Republican. If I thought the Green party had a chance I would vote for Cynthia McKinney. I'm still thinking of it to give the party some power. I may wait to see how it goes in my state and vote late in the evening. If Obama's a shoe-in, I'll vote Green. Our environment and peace is our highest priority. But McCain would be a continuation of the present disaster.

With Obama, I would be proud to call myself American again.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 9:49 pm

Neither one. They're both the same.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 11:21 pm

Jkid wrote:

I honestly don't understand how they could be the same. :? Obama is anti-war while Mccain is pro-war. :P

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 12:08 am

SierraBell wrote:
Jkid wrote:

I honestly don't understand how they could be the same. :? Obama is anti-war while Mccain is pro-war. :P

If Obama is anti-war, why he is willing to stay the course in Iraq for another 16 months instead of an immediate pullout?