Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

michel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 11:12 pm

marieclaire wrote:

I wonder if she got lost - burmilla's love to explore but their sense of direction may not be that good. Does Sabu talk a lot.
My cat (burmilla) is very loving, he gives really good eye contact.

Subu certainly fell on her feet when she found you.

Yes, that's what I thought as well, and so did the vet because he kept saying "This looks like an expensive cat, but she's in terrible shape". I posted all kinds of flyers with her picture, but to no avail, so I kept her once I managed to catch her. The vet thinks she may have got lost or abandoned as a kitten because he said she was not yet 2 when I got her and she had been living near the restaurant, which is at the foot of the mountain, for over a year and a half. She wouldn't let anyone go near her at first, which leads me and the vet to believe she might also have been abused as a kitten...

She does talk a lot now, gives strangely strong eye contact and is very clear about what she wants. She has different meows for different things, like when she's hungry (she stands in front of the fridge, where I keep her organic food and bottled water, although she seems to prefer toilet water, meows and stares back and forth at me then at the fridge) or wants to go out (she stands in front of the door, meows and stares back and forth at me then at the door) or wants to me to play with her toys, or wants to get pet. It's like a language!

My neighbor thinks she's weird and acts like a dog because she follows me everywhere with great interest, observes everything I do and even waits for me patiently in front of the shower. When I'm on the computer, like right now, she jumps on the desk, sprawls herself and just stares at me then at the screen. When I watch TV, she jumps on the couch and rests right behind me and starts nuzzling in my ears with her whiskers and purrs like a motor. The instant I get home she rolls over and over on the carpet to announce how happy she is to see me.

She must be so grateful I rescued her, can you imagine what the Summer must be like living outside in the desert at the foot of the mountain, with spiders (we have black widows), and the snakes and coyotes coming down from the mountain looking for food, which they do in the Summer when food is scarce up there; and with temperatures soaring up to 120 degrees? (The restaurant is closed for two months in the Summer, she wouldn't let me catch her then, so no food and no water since I was away). She was scary skinny when I got back to work, I barely recognized her. She was so frail she could barely walk, all bones, a lot of her fur had fallen out in patches, and she was pregnant.

I still wonder how she made it through, she somehow managed to hang in there, she's a survivor I guess... But she's so happy now!

By the way, she does have a very distinct "M" on her forehead, I can't believe I never noticed that, thanks for telling me!

marieclaire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2008, 4:09 am

We ended up getting another kitten for our burmilla. He seemed to need company all the time. They are really good friends now. Darcy is very clear about what he wants as well. He will indicate very clearly, then look back at us with pleading eyes. We love him heaps.
I will try and get an up to date and clear photo of him - to show you the resemblance, hopefully.

From the web.

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2008, 5:15 am

Saffron (aka Saffiekins)--My baby. I brought her home because she was being abused, half of her whiskers were burnt off, she was tiny for 7 months old (she still fit in the palm of my hands), and she had some behavioral issues because of the abuse. Now she's a lovebug and curls up in my lap and purrs away. I walked into my bro's apartment last year and she just ran up to me, I picked her up and she was curled up around my neck/head/shoulders for the next 24 hours. She just would not leave me be, just wanted me to take her home.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2008, 6:03 am

Sonny's home from the vets today for a while so I thought I'd celebrate with a few of his better pics :P

^ being lazy

^ Trying to do an impression of a dog I think... :o

^ He can type already! woot!

^ Relaxing while watching tv.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

29 Jul 2008, 8:05 am

My kind of thread. :mrgreen:

This is Shakespeare:

When he was a kitten:

I'll post more pictures of the others when Facebook gets its arse back online!

michel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:20 am

That last photo of Shakespeare is so cute! :)

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2008, 11:44 am

Indeed! His colouring is so lovely.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:22 pm

WaterWater wrote:
Aw these are such cute pets. I will share some of my pug.

Here she fell asleep with her face in my boot waiting for me to come home.

This is her Red Carpet pose.

And this is her with a "cigar" in her mouth.

rofl. your dog is funny. cute, though, i love small dogs.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

29 Jul 2008, 1:25 pm

That's him now.. he's so big! When he got neutered yesterday they had to give him a DOG anaesthetic!

Here's Sister, his erm.. sister:

When she was a baby:

Their mother, Twilight:

And now the new kittens.

Grendel (bad quality but a nice closeup):

With his brother:

Digby:

Kanner:

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:29 pm

oh kittens are so adorable (hinting at kanner)

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

raspberryswirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 5:12 pm

My babies!

That goes on and on; as it's been, so it shall be

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:53 pm

cat slaves get them signed up on http://www.catster.com if havent already.

WP cats are always model quality.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 8:15 am

My mom's friend pet cat, Smokey.

BeeBee23
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2008, 5:53 pm

never mind, my pictures were HUGE :oops:
Here are two of my dogs, Danny (the king charles) and Pup (the jack russell) Danny is a boy and Pup is a girl.
I have 6 guinea pigs and another dog but I can't be bothered making those pics smaller! lol

RedWingJeff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2008, 6:13 pm

This is a picture of Taz before I made my bed.

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2008, 10:43 pm

Here's a picture of my cat, Santana.