Are there any aspies that are NOT politically correct?

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:41 pm

I am not politically correct in some ways but I do try not to offend sometimes. When it comes to injustice though or people standing up for law breakers without good cause and use that politically correct nonsense, that infuriates me.

What about you?

Last edited by catspurr on 25 Jul 2008, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:44 pm

I don't know what "politically-correct" means so I don't know.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:47 pm

Is that like you don't say good boy or good girl to children, supposidly you are supposed to say good child. I am not that politicaly correct but I try not to be racist, or use terms that could come across as such.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:49 pm

I don't use racist terms either.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:51 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Is that like you don't say good boy or good girl to children, supposidly you are supposed to say good child. I am not that politicaly correct but I try not to be racist, or use terms that could come across as such.

Hello big kitty cat.

What would be the politically correct term for big kitty cat?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 2:56 pm

catspurr wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Hello big kitty cat.

I am not sure, but I think that kitty might be taken out as there is not realy a reason to have it with cat. But you can just call me Bradleigh.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2008, 3:01 pm

I think some politically correct things are just bogus. For instance I don't understand why it is not that bad to joke around and say someone has AIDS, yet if someone insults someone's parenting skills they are considered the devil. Someone on another message board (who was on this board like 24/7) said I was worse than her 4 kids. Then in another thread she said something nasty to me and I told her to go take care of her kids and leave me alone and everybody freaked out. lol I don't think that what I said was that out of line considering what had been said to me. So we can't insult mothers now? That is ridiculous.

Then I fought with this one ex friend of mine who had a baby "accidentally" and kept it and she would always be really neglectful and blame it on her son or something. I got really mad at her because she basically doesn't care about anyone but herself and said I felt bad for Sean (her son). And her bf got involved (when it wasn't any of his business) and told me that was not right for me to say. I did feel bad for her son because she is irresponsible and she lies! I think he would have been better off had she given him up for adoption because she was not ready to be a parent. She was going to but at the last minute she chose to keep it. Why are mothers and motherhood above insulting or criticism or whatever? lol

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:08 pm

I always thought "politically correct" was code for "I don't like what you're saying so shut up".

Racism is always wrong but has little to do with political correctness.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:12 pm

Well some of the stuff I said definitely isn't 'politically correct'. The stuff I used in debate tournaments ('Nuke Africa, Pedophilia Disad, "n****rs are Animals", Holocaust Revisionism (Denial) Disad, etc.) Denied the Holocaust to a Jewish Judge in a Debate Tournament once. Senior Year I just sent crazy with my arguments :P :twisted:

Though I tend to try to be that ('politically correct') a lot.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:43 pm

Debating guidelines topic

"Politically correct" can mean fairness and/or accuracy in a debate/discussion.

Name calling such as n***** is like a strawman, and denies the legitimacy and validity of what an African American is saying. How can you have a debate with someone who is only interested in bullying?

Also, denying historical facts (The Jewish or Armenian Genocides did not occur) constitutes flaming and is not meant to foster understanding. To even begin a debate such as that is pointless. The only reason anyone would utter such a ridiculous premise is to incite hatred, and to publicize conspiracy theories. This is similar to propaganda, and appeals to the all-too-human fear of uncertainty.

People who deny historical realities (slavery, Autism, sexism, prejudice) are those who view the world in a very narrowly focussed way and often explain away details that do not fit their own political/psychological agendas. Or they may just want to be nasty! Either way, there can be no dialogue if the debate premises/boundaries are not agreed. Like a chess game, there are rules.

I am not immune to name calling, but I can do it without resorting to racial/sexual/religious slurs. I do not need to hit below the belt. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 5:24 pm

I believe in equal opportunity and all that, and in fact I find it strange that people put so much stock into arbitrary qualities like skin color, gender, orientation, physical appearance and similar categories in deciding who's worthy of their respect or whatever. However, I don't believe in equal results (affirmative action), the right of people not to be offended by anything (of course there is a limit to what should be said to people, but some things people sue and make a fuss over? Ridiculous), or the level of moral relativity that stems from politically correct thinking. I'm not afraid to actually voice these views in a crowd that adheres to politically correct viewpoints, either, which has almost gotten me in trouble a few times.

Probably what I hate most about political correctness and those who consider themselves "politically correct" is that often it's all so hypocritical and fake, all done as a social act rather than out of genuine compassion and egalitarianism. People who would never call a black person or a Muslim or a gay person a bad name often have no similar qualms about making fun of people who are overweight, people who look different, or people who have mental issues. If you're going to be "tolerant" and "open-minded," do so towards everyone, not just towards the people you have to be nice to to look good! :x

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 5:25 pm

sartresue wrote:
Debating guidelines topic

"Politically correct" can mean fairness and/or accuracy in a debate/discussion.

It NEVER means that.

As you can tell, I am certainly not "politically correct"

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 5:29 pm

BokeKaeru-Totally agree with that last paragraph. Those who stick "political correctness" in front of their arguments are considered phonies by me. I'm not one to call a black person, gay person, or any other "minority" or group any unfair names, but I'm not going to hold back my true thoughts while criticizing others' honest thoughts. If we were all honest, and all thought "logically" about things, we wouldn't need to be politically correct...

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 6:01 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
catspurr wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Hello big kitty cat.

I am not sure, but I think that kitty might be taken out as there is not realy a reason to have it with cat. But you can just call me Bradleigh.

p**** cat is a no go in 2008.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 6:34 pm

-JR wrote:
BokeKaeru-Totally agree with that last paragraph. Those who stick "political correctness" in front of their arguments are considered phonies by me. I'm not one to call a black person, gay person, or any other "minority" or group any unfair names, but I'm not going to hold back my true thoughts while criticizing others' honest thoughts. If we were all honest, and all thought "logically" about things, we wouldn't need to be politically correct...

YEAH, you're right! MANY think/claim that Martin Luther King said to not judge blacks, etc.... NOT EXACTLY! He said "...when they will be judged not by the color of their skin BUT by the content of their character!"! As long as people read the whole, and realize it, I am fine with it. We SHOULD be prejudiced against ANYONE if they steal, lie, cheat, REGARDLESS of their sex or color or race.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 6:48 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
catspurr wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Hello big kitty cat.

I like kitty cat as a term. It makes me happy. If I have to call you Bradleigh though then ...fine! *sniffles