Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 8:28 pm

All day it's as though ive had a piece of chicken in my mouth... can't get the taste out of mouth no matter how much I drink. Very strange. It came on very randomly too, since I haven't actually eaten any chicken very recently. Any ideas why I can taste "chicken"? :?

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 9:37 pm

I don't know. Sometimes I get a funny salty taste in my mouth that I cannot get rid of...never got it either.

Magicfly
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 11:55 am

If I ever consume foods containing aspartame or saccharin, I get a horrid metallic-sweet taste on the back of my tongue for several hours.

Many times I've eaten something unknowing, and I get that horrid taste, check the ingredients and find one or both of those 2 fake sugars. And they hide 'em in savory snacks too!! It's a conspiracy!! :)

michel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:01 pm

greyh wrote:
All day it's as though ive had a piece of chicken in my mouth... can't get the taste out of mouth no matter how much I drink. Very strange. It came on very randomly too, since I haven't actually eaten any chicken very recently. Any ideas why I can taste "chicken"? :?

OK, I think it could either be your remembrance of chicken, as sense and taste memory are quite powerful, or you are actually tasting something, which would be something stuck in your teeth that has now somehow evolved into the taste of chicken. Brush your teeth and floss diligently, then rinse with a mixture of warm water and baking soda, see if that makes a difference...

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:02 pm

it could be caused by bacteria. mouths are full of those. and i would suggest a mouthrinse and tounge cleaner...just don't use bleach. i've heard of people using bleach because of horrible bad breath but that is not the smartest thing to do about that. if it continues for more than a couple days i would say make an appointment with a dentist.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:03 pm

I had a 'lemon sherbert feeling' down one side once. I never did find out what that was.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 2:35 pm

A taste all in one's mouth topic

I have been reading about this and digestive problems can often be the culprit. :x

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 2:37 pm

greyh wrote:
Have you been licking toad, I heard it tastes like chicken.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 3:56 pm

simble solution=use toothbrush to your tongue

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 11:55 pm

Well it went away after I brushed my teeth before I went to bed so i guess mystery over :P Was still very strange though, came on very randomly :o

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 3:31 am

ya bacically its caused by bacteries transforming all food to sugar and where it happens orders what kind taste it is :P

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 3:33 am

greyh wrote:

maybe your brain still has a craving for it? It is capable of remebering the taste of food.

surveys are scientific, they have numbers in them- me (satire)