Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 6:17 pm

I'm writing this strickly as an observer: Does anyone else think that Nancy Pelosi, when she talks, talks down to the interviewer or lectures them? OR was it just her interview last week?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 6:28 pm

All I know of Pelosi is that she betrayed the American people by going back on her promises practically the day she and her party won control of the legislature.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 6:37 pm

And on top of that, she doesn't take responsibility for it and instead blames the Senate. Why doesn't she just face it: The "supposed" bills her party passes are too controversial to be passed in the Senate, most likely. That's my bet. Again, I'm more middle-of-the-road. But when someone doesn't take responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and instead blames it on other legislators (Senate) or the President (Who she characterizes as "a total failure"), that just seems to steep low in my opinion. I long for the politician who comes out and says "my bad". :-p

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 7:04 pm

^I was more referring to her refusal, immediately after the 2006 election in which the Democrats were elected with the understanding that they would impeach Bush, to even attempt to initiate impeachment proceedings, saying that was "off the table." Huge let-down for everyone who voted Democrat in 2006.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 7:14 pm

Oops...I see your point then!

I think that she did that because it was too risky to impeach Bush. Because of they impeached him, and the Senate didn't remove him, then it would make the Democrats look MAJORLY bad. On the other hand, she promised that and then took it back. I think it was a case of risk vs. rewards.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 8:13 pm

the democrats and republicans are two different puppets in two different hands of the same body.

Balefire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2008, 1:41 am

Orwell wrote:
I was more referring to her refusal, immediately after the 2006 election in which the Democrats were elected with the understanding that they would impeach Bush, to even attempt to initiate impeachment proceedings, saying that was "off the table."

Yes, that was a letdown. Dennis Kucinich is trying now, but it's the wrong person a year and a half too late.