Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2008, 1:00 pm

I hate balloons. I hate them when my kids have them. My husband pops them all while we're sleeping quietly and pretends the cat got to them in the night. Just so I dont' have to suffer another day with them. LOL

The noise they make is horrible. (for me the same noise cotton balls make.. UGH! *shudder*) and I am afraid of the unpredictability of their pop. That same childhood game is one of my earliest memories that involve being scared of balloons.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:06 pm

You described the sound so well...I hate all of the sensory things involving balloons, have to detach myself from them to play with them with my friends and such.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:59 pm

Warsie wrote:
Are you all kidding? I LOVE balloons! I have some right by my window now (granted, they're old and many of them have deflated considerably :(

When I was younger yes I hated the sudden pop, and hated loud fireworks.

I don't care as much about the pop, but yes it still surprises me/etc when that stuff is a surprise. Now I like the boom and loudness of fireworks. Was gesturing and jumping at the Chicago Venetian Show lol 8)
i like balloons too and fireworks tougth they make me literally shaking and every one keeps asking if im ok :lol: :shaking2:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:34 pm

I'm always nervous around balloons, because I'm terrified that they're going to pop.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:43 pm

I always have been afraid of balloons, since childhood, and I still am, as everybody else in this thread I hate the sound that makes when they pop.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

29 Jul 2008, 8:59 pm

I used to really like to pop balloons when I was little. What bugged me was people rubbing styrofoam coolers or having mud dry on my fingernails. :eew:

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:32 pm

liloleme wrote:
Does anyone else have this???
Im not afraid of the milar balloons just the old latex ones. First of I cant tollerate the noise they make when people rub their fingers on them...it makes me feel like my teeth are falling out. Its the same noise that when people get out of the pool and step into their flip flops or rubbing your fingers on wet tupperware....you know that hideous noise? Then you never know when they are going to pop. Sometimes I have to let my kids have them....ie birthday parties or when they giving them out at the store. Its pure torture to me...especially if they are in the car with us AHHHHHHHH!
So....anyone else?

I'm not afraid of balloons but I hate the noise they make, especially when a kid chews on one. Don't like the static shocks I get from them, either.

But, I'm more afraid of clowns.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:33 pm

velodog wrote:
I used to really like to pop balloons when I was little. What bugged me was people rubbing styrofoam coolers or having mud dry on my fingernails. :eew:

I like to pop bubble wrap. If I get a large piece of it in a package that my mother sends me, it will amuse me for at least an hour.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:48 pm

Dragonfly_Dreams wrote:
I hate balloons. I hate them when my kids have them. My husband pops them all while we're sleeping quietly and pretends the cat got to them in the night. Just so I dont' have to suffer another day with them. LOL

The noise they make is horrible. (for me the same noise cotton balls make.. UGH! *shudder*) and I am afraid of the unpredictability of their pop. That same childhood game is one of my earliest memories that involve being scared of balloons.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cotton balls 8O

auf_ehre
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2010, 10:54 pm

This sort of jumped out at me.

Same here, balloon phobic as a child, but over time they became something fun and enjoyable. I guess if I had the balloons, then nobody else would pop them.

Then I somehow got interested in popping the balloons myself.

I can tell you everything you'd ever want to know (but could care less about) balloons, but I'm only bush-league party decorator.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:41 pm

Huh. Jumped right out there did it? After you dug how deep before you saw it? This is a two year old thread. 8O

Oh well. Long as it's resurrected, my son had a dreadful fear of all balloons for years. We couldn't let anyone bring them into the house for a long time. Then, suddenly, we realized he was messing with one in a store, and wanted to bring it home. No idea how or why he grew out of it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

When I was very little I was terrified of them. Even on TV. I was always afraid they were going to pop, and that sudden bang was very scary! Nowadays I love shooting guns... go figure. :lol:

auf_ehre
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2010, 12:23 am

MrXxx wrote:
Huh. Jumped right out there did it? After you dug how deep before you saw it? This is a two year old thread. 8O

Just skimming page after page. Looking for something interesting.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 1:32 am

I'm always worried around little kids with balloons in case they do something to make them pop. I hate any sudden and unexpected loud noises, not just balloon popping.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:36 am

I hate balloons. They stop me from going to birthday parties. And they ruined my last one.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2010, 10:11 am

I was afraid of them as a little kid, but grew out of that by maybe age 10. I still get nervous when there are balloons around a room, as they DO pop, and I hate sudden noises. A sudden noise does to my brain what pulling the power cord off your computer does, in the middle of writing something.

Charles