Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:52 pm

I was scared of balloons when I was little, I hid behind the couch when they had them on a children's show and I had a meltdown when a classroom had them hanging up on the ceiling, I grew out of that later.
now I like them.

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2023, 9:00 pm

I hate when you let go of the string and it just floats off into the stratosphere. Idk but that scares me for some reason. That Up balloon house is just the stuff of nightmares for me, even though I'm fine with heights. Just the idea that they could all randomly pop and send you plummeting down just disturbs me.

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2023, 11:27 pm

liloleme wrote:
Does anyone else have this???
Im not afraid of the milar balloons just the old latex ones. First of I cant tollerate the noise they make when people rub their fingers on them...it makes me feel like my teeth are falling out. Its the same noise that when people get out of the pool and step into their flip flops or rubbing your fingers on wet tupperware....you know that hideous noise? Then you never know when they are going to pop. Sometimes I have to let my kids have them....ie birthday parties or when they giving them out at the store. Its pure torture to me...especially if they are in the car with us AHHHHHHHH!
So....anyone else?

no

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 12:49 am

Ive suddenly developed a fear of Chinese spy balloons.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:41 pm

I'm already sick of hearing about Chinese spy balloons. Face it, they're gonna nuke the planet and we're doomed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 12:49 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Face it, they're gonna nuke the planet and we're doomed.

Why would they do that? They have long-term goals that would become impossible if they nuked the world. They're not cartoon supervillains.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2023, 8:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Face it, they're gonna nuke the planet and we're doomed.

Why would they do that? They have long-term goals that would become impossible if they nuked the world. They're not cartoon supervillains.

Haha no. The nukes would be for a nuclear EMP strike and it one only require one nuke. It wouldn't destroy all life on earth like a volley of nukes between American and Russia would. It would shut down the American, Canadian and Mexican grid, turning America into an anprim society and then China would invade by land. It might destroy all life on earth if it destroys the ozone, then it might indirectly destroy all life on earth through global warming. Or if America can somehow launch nukes without grid power which is a possibility also.