Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 6:44 pm

Good on you for reacting the way you did. I'm really glad Jay is ok now. I think it's pretty normal to be freaked out by something that could have been fatal, and you will probably settle down soon enough. I am curious though, does Jay have Aspergers on his medical alert bracelet? I suppose it's not such an immediate problem... I was thinking that you would pretty quickly figure out that he was Deaf (he is probably pretty good by now at getting that idea over to hearing people), but I spose that's more for if he is ever found unconscious and isn't responding?

I'm just glad he's ok! *hugs*

DancesWithDemons
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2005, 12:13 am

Apologies for not responding sooner than now.

Jay is out of danger, but not totally out of the woods right now. He still has a body rash, but is being given steriods to help in clearing that up. His feet are terribly sensative and swollen, as are his hands/fingers, which makes communication somewhat difficult. His appetite seems to have suffered, and his "appearance" just isn't right. What I mean is that he's not his normal self, you can look at him and tell that something's just not right.

He rode over to Nashville with me today (a 4 hour drive each way) and slept the whole way there, and most of the way back. Leigh, my wife, will take him back to the doctor tomorrow, and I told her that the doctor needs to give him a complete head to toe, inside and out, to make sure that there's not something more serious going on with him. He says that he hurts. When I ask him where, he points to his head, stomach, feet, and hands. I'm just praying right now that whatever this is isn't something permenant. He has enough on his small plate to deal with already.....

Jon

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 3:01 pm

poor kid. My heart goes out to you all. I hope he gets well soon.