Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 7:00 am

happy to life away from quaqes&tornados :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 10:36 am

No problems here in northern and eastern Orange County, California. Nothing has changed. No casualties, no road closures, no demolished homes, and no media crews swarming all over the latest traumatized victims.

Ho-hum ... time to get on with life ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 1:12 pm

^Yep.

Got some cracks in our building tho... Hm.

One of the wierdest feelings in the world for me, having the entire earth "move"...

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 1:41 pm

I live in a place that's known for earthquakes and I have yet to experience one strong enough to catch my attention. I really hope I do get to experience a significant earthquake one of these days. I want to know what it feels like, even if I get injured. And if it kills me, well, then I obviously won't care because I'll be dead.

So bring on the earthquakes before I leave for the land of fire storms!

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 1:23 am

I thought it was fun in a way, and the only thing that really happened was some pictures were knocked askew. My brother's cat actually sensed it coming because he ran into the living room from the bedroom and crouched down right before it hit.

01 Aug 2008, 1:32 am

Of course everyone in LA felt the earthquake. it's not soft enough to not feel it. It shook the buildings and people hid under furniture, ran out in the streets. It even left damage to some buildings, knocked food off of shelves in super makers, knocked items out of cupboards in peoples homes. That's how strong it was.

I was in one in 1993 here in Portland but it wasn't bad except a warehouse had to be torn down because it wrecked the foundation and the court house had cracks in it. It left some damage to buildings yeah but not to my house. There was another one in 94 or 95 when I was 9 but I didn't feel that one but my brothers knew because they happened to be outside on the swingset and they had their glass of water set on it and they saw it moving. I didn't believe them when they told me, I figured it was them making the water move by playing on the swingset but they said they weren't even swinging. But the next day I heard the news in school from my teacher about us having an earthquake.