Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 5:40 am

It's difficult for me to imagine 18-year-olds taking a 15-year-old seriously. You can't get anybody in trouble. People can only get themselves in trouble. If the fiancee is in trouble with the fiancé over this, then I think she should dump him. Why are teen-agers gettin' married anyway? Sorry.

- Emerson

Juniperberrygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2008, 8:17 am

psmaster wrote:
It has been done. I feel like sh**! But it will pass, I am sure....
wow.... this hurts....

If I could tell you something that would make it all better I would, but, the only thing is that time heals.

If you can find things to do, it might help you feel better. It would give you something else to focus on other than the pain.

Good luck.

TheOneGreatBob
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2008, 9:30 am

..... How does an 18-year-old get herself engaged, anyway?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 9:48 am

TheOneGreatBob wrote:

I don't know. The legal age for marriage in many states is 16, and may be 14 in some states.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:23 pm

She's out of your league.

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2008, 1:29 pm

How is she out of my league? she loves me too. But oh well. it is over now, although I still love her, it can not be.
;(

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:41 pm

psmaster wrote:
How is she out of my league? she loves me too. But oh well. it is over now, although I still love her, it can not be.
;(

She will not leave her adult fiancee in order to be in relationship with a teen. If she really loves you that much then she'll quit her fiancee and go with you ....I don't think her parents are putting a gun on her , yet she didn't, no?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 5:37 pm

TheOneGreatBob wrote:

no idea, I'd wait at least til 20 or so, which is what most of my friends at college are/is doing. they're either engaged or married.

Rynok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2008, 8:08 pm

TheOneGreatBob wrote:
... How does an 18-year-old get herself engaged, anyway?

"Wanna see a magic trick?" 8)
You date 1 girl in high school, you are "meant to be" (because you have no experience dating), you get married at 18, you divorce at 20 and find someone else at 24 (after obtaining more dating experience first)! Tada.

psmaster wrote:
;(

Wanna get over her quick? Realize that she's 3 years your senior, at an age when 3 years makes a huge difference (both physically, mentally, socially, and scholastically). Also, girls like to get attention, especially from guys. She was using you for your attention and didn't want to end it by "cutting you off". If she was really interested in you, she would of called off the wedding and gone into a relationship with you (or at least friendship with the expectation of a relationship when you got older). She didn't do that, which means she loves her fiance more, as it should be. Drop it, move on, and forget about her. She was selfish for treating you that way and allowing you to develop feelings for her in the first place. If she was really your friend she would of sat down and told you that your feelings for her are only going to hurt you in the end, because they are not being reciprocated (and they can't be reciprocated).

All your saying is the typical stuff everybody says. "How did that fat guy get that hot model? I'm way hotter and smarter than he ever could be!".

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 9:50 pm

Rynok wrote:
TheOneGreatBob wrote:
... How does an 18-year-old get herself engaged, anyway?

"Wanna see a magic trick?" 8)
You date 1 girl in high school, you are "meant to be" (because you have no experience dating), you get married at 18, you divorce at 20 and find someone else at 24 (after obtaining more dating experience first)! Tada.

psmaster wrote:
;(

Wanna get over her quick? Realize that she's 3 years your senior, at an age when 3 years makes a huge difference (both physically, mentally, socially, and scholastically). Also, girls like to get attention, especially from guys. She was using you for your attention and didn't want to end it by "cutting you off". If she was really interested in you, she would of called off the wedding and gone into a relationship with you (or at least friendship with the expectation of a relationship when you got older). She didn't do that, which means she loves her fiance more, as it should be. Drop it, move on, and forget about her. She was selfish for treating you that way and allowing you to develop feelings for her in the first place. If she was really your friend she would of sat down and told you that your feelings for her are only going to hurt you in the end, because they are not being reciprocated (and they can't be reciprocated).

All your saying is the typical stuff everybody says. "How did that fat guy get that hot model? I'm way hotter and smarter than he ever could be!".

Hitch similiarity. the fat guy did get the hot chick.

Thank you Rynok for what you said. I tend to come off snarky and so forth and don't have the guts to straight out tell the kid to let it go......thank you.

Though Rynok is right PS Master, you need to realize that she was being friendly with you.

You have/had no chance in heck of anything happening, trying for a fairy tale situation is gonna land you somewhere between The Tenth Kingdom and Fables.

Realize this. That there is someone out there, some where, some when. But right now, concentrate on growing up, and learning more about yourself.

Here's my tip. Read "When God writes your Love story," By Eric and Leslie Ludy. I know that you're probably not a Christian, but it is a remarkable book that helps you understand how to wait and what to do in the mean time, it may strengthen you as a person.