23 Aug 2008, 8:13 am

Exactly.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 8:39 am

slowmutant wrote:
... Danny Boy. Read the post again.

There's no need, as I replied correctly the first time.

I also don't see how it's too much for a parent to just call ahead to see if the food his or her Autistic child likes is available; this is a minute act and piece of responsibility for an adult who wants children, which I seriously doubt will impact on a parent's "life". This is worthy of sarcasm if someone thinks that it's a bother to do such.

sinsboldly, as usual, replied with pure emotion about her tormented past (I could go on and on about the dead skeletons in my closet, but it's not relevant to the conversation), rather than answering my question, and I pointed this out.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 10:44 am

I just read the entire thread from post #1 to the last one. I find it astonishing that nearly everyone makes a move to either support the parent or are against it. Something that the autistic and NT have in common.

My view is, I was never there, so I can never judge nor choose who to side with. Both have reasons against each other on their own grounds.

I've said my piece on this thread, I'm done

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:33 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
too late with that zinger, Daniel. In the REAL WORLD that I live in, the State took my baby from me in the hospital because of my AS characteristics. I have been devistated far more than your little spitballs of sarcasm could ever do.

Merle

Emotion. Sarcasm counters "nothing" each time, does it not? You didn't answer the question, but to predict the future, you won't be able to, as there is no answer. Children with Autism (not Asperger's; those with Asperger's don't have meltdowns over trivial amounts of change), can be difficult in the effort that's required for them, but this goes back to having the foresight in knowing that there's a chance that any child may need a greater amount of care than another, and it's on the parents/carers to provide said care, morally.

well, again I say, 'good luck with that parental model, Daniel.' Until they start issuing licenses to be a parent I think your best of all possible worlds theory is pretty much a bust.

Merle