Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 9:29 pm

Screw this whole thing. I'm a firm believer that restrooms which accommodate more than one person are nasty anyway. Dump the gender thing and get me separate rooms!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 10:20 pm

twoshots wrote:
Screw this whole thing. I'm a firm believer that restrooms which accommodate more than one person are nasty anyway. Dump the gender thing and get me separate rooms!

agreed.

pissing like pigs at a trough is uncivilized.

Malsane
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2008, 10:57 pm

I'm glad I don't have a penis. I like to urinate privately.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 11:33 pm

skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:
To share a public bathroom with women is degenerate.

afraid people are gonna be f***ing in the bathrooms?

afraid you won't be able to participate?

I'm afraid you only come up with stupid remarks to make me react.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 11:37 pm

oscuria wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:

Hey, if your opponent laughs at you, laugh with him - you don't even necessarily have to dispute his points right away, but it shows strength in character if you can poke fun at yourself.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 11:47 pm

DejaQ wrote:
oscuria wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:

Hey, if your opponent laughs at you, laugh with him - you don't even necessarily have to dispute his points right away, but it shows strength in character if you can poke fun at yourself.

I don't have any opponents. I really don't think that way.

I do laugh at people who say "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!" I always picture them as some kind of comic superhero.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 12:05 am

oscuria wrote:

I suppose you believe so because one being of the opposite sex of another, would be a bad idea, so bad that you define it as denegerate, I know sexual orientation is not exactly the issue here, but based on that premise, I see some of a problem with gays and lesbians, to mantain this consistency, I imagine they share bathroom with the ones they are attracted to, like a heterosexual person sharing a bathroom with a person of the opposite sex.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 12:07 am

oscuria wrote:
I don't have any opponents. I really don't think that way.

Opponents in a debate, friendly and respectful but with opposite point of views.

Quote:
I do laugh at people who say "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!" I always picture them as some kind of comic superhero.

But, I really wouldn't wish that on you. ;)

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 12:20 am

greenblue wrote:
oscuria wrote:

I suppose you believe so because one being of the opposite sex of another, would be a bad idea, so bad that you define it as denegerate, I know sexual orientation is not exactly the issue here, but based on that premise, I see some of a problem with gays and lesbians, to mantain this consistency, I imagine they share bathroom with the ones they are attracted to, like a heterosexual person sharing a bathroom with a person of the opposite sex.

Yes, I was aware of this argument when I posted. I don't think there is going to be drunken orgies, but my very stubborn ways can't translate how a public restroom would benefit all if it was unisex. Note than I am not speaking on bathrooms which cater to one person as it wouldn't make much sense to segregate those. I have no problem sharing the bathroom with a homosexual, however it doesn't seem right for me to be in such a private place with a woman. I am also assuming that we are at the very least sensible in conduct but how sensible are children and teenagers, especially when you mix the transgendered/transsexuals?

I also don't like many men's bathrooms which leave the urinals open and not enclosed. I have no problem urinating outside, but if I'm inside a building I prefer not to have a similar experience.

Malsane
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2008, 2:56 am

I really don't see the difference. What is the difference between a straight man sharing the bathroom with a woman, and a lesbian sharing the bathroom with other women.

For the record, I'm a lesbian, and I live at school. I have no problems showing with other girls. Contrary to popular opinion, homosexuals are no more sex crazed than heterosexuals. Things don't get weird sharing a bathroom. I really don't see why guys sharing bathrooms with girls would be different from me sharing bathrooms with other girls.

At my school, we have a few transgendered students, and we solved our restroom troubles by just making it unisex. It works fine. It's one of the nicest bathrooms on campus. Everyone wants to live on that floor because it's so nice. We like our unisex bathrooms.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 4:44 am

It may work fine at your school, Malsane, but that doesn't mean it'll work elsewhere too. I wonder, might the transsexuals and drag queens require "dressing rooms" in addition to the usual lav facilities? For privacy while get in and out of costume?

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 6:15 am

skafather84 wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
Why have any gender toilets?
Why not just have toilets?
I mean each toilet has it's own little locked cubicle anyway so It's not about privacy.

L.

because the women's is much nicer and they don't want to have to share with such pigs.

...at least, i've yet to see a men's restroom that isn't repulsive. i'm a fairly clean guy but god damn a lot of men are just nasty pigs. i wish i could get special permission to use the women's instead.

Be careful what you wish for:
http://bridgetsgotnothingonme.blogspot.com/2007/03/ladies-locker-room-demystified.html
Quote:
It’s a common misconception that the girls’ room is cleaner than the men’s. That’s just a lie, a filthy, dirty lie. Those of you that have ever gone into the ladies’ room at a bar know that the sights and smells can be extremely nauseating.

L.

at least in my experience, the women's bathrooms are cleaner.

No doubt, but that reinforces the point, that it's arbitrary and not a gender thing.

L.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 9:39 am

I consider this a good idea. From what I learned about Thailand, the third gender might be more of a cultural construct there (like the Latah in other Asian contries). but if nothing else, it has the advantage that there are shorter queues because there are more toilets ;)

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 9:59 am

This has atualy popped into my before, but I figured that it is whatever they feel more comfterble with. The only thing is that this may not be used as who wants to point out the fact that they are not normal.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 1:36 pm

Quote:

That reminds me of the fanatic ret*d muslim clerics who say: "if a woman and a man are alone in the same room together then devil is their third party"

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 7:36 pm

oscuria wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:

then why is it degenerate to have women and men in the same bathroom?

tell me, puritan.