Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 12:33 am

It's probably possible, given a good computer to manipulate the sounds with.

Musical hallucinations.. hmm. Do they get distracting? Or is it more like having theme music? Anyway, it's not a problem if they're not distracting and you know the music's being produced by your brain and not your surroundings.

I notice sounds that nobody else notices, but they're not hallucinations; they're just things that other people filter out. For example, the hum of the fan on a CPU, the high-pitched whine of a charging battery, a vacuum being run next door, the builders across the street using hammers, my cats walking across the floor, my own heartbeat.... I have a lot of trouble with that because I live in an apartment, and that means noticing everything the neighbors do. I can tell by the sounds when they're cleaning or letting the dog out (she's not a barker; she just has a unique footstep) or showering or going to work... I just don't filter this stuff out. It really gets annoying sometimes because when I try to concentrate, I hear all those noises and I can't seem to shut them out.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Glasscutter
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2008, 5:07 am

I can make music in my head easily, but to put it on paper...
When I'm feeling creeped out i hear "Ripe (With Decay)" playing at the back of my head.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 6:29 am

Callista wrote:
It's probably possible, given a good computer to manipulate the sounds with.

You can do it with a fairly average-to-decent computer and a freeware program. You need decent recording equipment, though, unless you want the recording noise to be part of what you're manipulating into music.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I