Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 6:02 pm

crackedpleasures wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
crackedpleasures wrote:
The Hostel film was really bad by the way. The first part cheap nudity and the second half cheap gore. I really disliked the film, 5 GBP I could have spent on much better stuff.

I don't like films like that at all, but there was nothing more to see... Anyway, I usually stay at cheap hotels, 'cause I need just a place to sleep and spend all my time outside.

First 30 minutes of the film were tits and naked women, the remainder was just gore and bloodsoaked scenes. The whole film was crap from A to Z, a bit like "Euro Trip" but with 18+ because of the gore.

The worst was that the film makers didn't even try to hide their intention to attract people just wanting to see sex and blood. They did not even try to hide how bad their scenario was. I mean: those guys are taken to a sort of human abbatoir/slaughterhouse. The whole film gives no slight indication of the reason of existance of that abbatoir, it just happens to be there and the film makers must think their audience is stupid enough to not even ask what the purpose of that abbatoir is...

Worthless film, even though I must admit those actresses were quite arrousing. But that one scene with the eyeball destroyed everything that remained of my libido. I still cannot believe I spend 5 GBP on that film, I should have read reviews and watched previews first :?

off-subjekt. but i could not agree more, what a disappointment that "thing" was. I saw it,
it ended and left me sitting there thinking " what the crap was that..." i felt like taking a shower,
thats how bad it was, the bad was clinging to me, felt like washing it away. It started out not to bad but then it just spiraled downward in flames before hitting ground at 160mph or so, and i usually enjoy the things Tarantino have something to do with, big horror/zombie etc. fan. That
is one film i really really really! wish i could forget :) *shrug*