Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2008, 11:22 am

This has been here long enough.

As many of you have already figured out, the non-smoking, vegetarian, social-program-spending leader was Adolph Hitler. The hard-smoking, hard-drinking, meat-eating fat boy with a bad attitude and the belief that it was not government's job to take care of people was Winston Churchill.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 11:31 am

Oh, in that case can I change my voting answer to person #1?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 1:54 pm

Dogbrain wrote:

As many of you have already figured out, the non-smoking, vegetarian, social-program-spending leader was Adolph Hitler. The hard-smoking, hard-drinking, meat-eating fat boy with a bad attitude and the belief that it was not government's job to take care of people was Winston Churchill.

It wasn't all that difficult to figure out, especially since this same quiz has been in use since before the Internet was established. I first saw it in my 7th-grade government class.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 11:01 am

I would vote for the first one

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2008, 11:07 am

Fnord wrote:
Dogbrain wrote:

It wasn't all that difficult to figure out, especially since this same quiz has been in use since before the Internet was established. I first saw it in my 7th-grade government class.

At my very liberal college (many years ago), most of the students said they would have favored the one who turned out to be Hitler. After all, they were vegetarians. They hated "Big Tobacco". They believed heavily in government programs, why not support the leader who fundamentally was like them?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 11:09 am

This whole exercise is designed to be misleading. Therefore it's invalid.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 12:55 pm

A hybrid of the two.

Assertive, intelligent, moderately compassionate, diplomatic, understanding, and rational. Doesn't interfere with people's private lives, and doesn't run a nanny state, but gives people opportunities and guarantees a basic standard of living for all. Supports careful economic growth and prosperity, with economically moderate policies. Is principled and patriotic, and stands up for his or her nation. Isn't afraid to take a hard line in negotiating with other countries.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2008, 1:11 pm

slowmutant wrote:
This whole exercise is designed to be misleading. Therefore it's invalid.

It's not at all invalid. It is designed to be INSTRUCTIVE. It is designed to teach people that not everybody who is a dog-petting, social program-implementing, anti-smoking vegetarian is a good person, nor, for that matter, are all cigar-chomping curmudgeons automatically evil. It is designed to teach people to look through personality traits when considering leaders and ask how that person would actually lead.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 1:14 pm

I was mislead.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 2:06 pm

I've seen this before.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2008, 7:30 am

slowmutant wrote:
I was mislead.

You were only "misled" by your own prejudices. You decided that grumpy, hard-drinking smokers who hated social programs had to be bad people while vegetarian anti-smokers who implemented social programs had to be good people. It was your own prejudices that misled you.

That's the whole point of the exercise.