Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 1:56 am

I'm told by most people my voice really travels. My former boss even called it the "sonic boom" voice. So, you'd think "that's the perfect pitch to have at your job, being in an indoor water park resort, right?" Well, it would be....unfortunately, for some reason...MY CUSTOMERS CAN'T HEAR ME IN THERE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

I understand those who say they have water in their ears, but as for the rest?

So let's see- first I'm too loud, now I'm too soft to hear. Ironically, my girlfriend, who's half deaf in one ear, can hear me fine- even in the waterpark. Figure all that out.

I just don't think the majority of people in there are PAYING ATTENTION to what I'm saying, to be honest.

What do y'all think?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 2:08 am

Do you maybe talk too fast? My friend talks loudly, but the speed at which he talks makes half of what he says impossible to understand.

StrawberryJam
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Aug 2008, 2:10 am

it might be both people not listening and you talking to fast *nod nod* or maybe you dont look to be talking to people in particular. myself, i generally dont pay attention to people who dont appear to be talking to me ^^;

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 2:17 am

boy that is a pain isn't it, like you can't win.

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2008, 6:14 am

maybe when someone cant hear or understand you, you can ask them what they think is causing the problem. then you can know whether you need to try to speak louder or slower or what.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 8:46 am

Eh, most of us have difficulty in controlling the volume of our voice. It get's old when people comment though...
Yeah, I know - I'm loud, get over it!

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 9:23 am

In waterparks with all the voices bouncing around and splashing and trying to keep track of the grandchildren, all I hear is undifferienting noise. Even if I were trying to pay attention all I would hear is noise. Also, those of us who are hearing challenged can't wear our hearing aids in the water.