Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Spymunk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2008, 9:57 am

Do autistic people or aspies not like horror movies as a rule?

I love them, and they are actually my primary focus of interest, but do they put off most people in the spectrum?

I'm curious to get a wider set of opinions on this.

P.S.
My favorites are FRIDAY THE 13TH, the whole set of movies from beginning to current.

Ningyou
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Aug 2008, 10:02 am

Spymunk wrote:
Do autistic people or aspies not like horror movies as a rule?

I love them, and they are actually my primary focus of interest, but do they put off most people in the spectrum?

I'm curious to get a wider set of opinions on this.

P.S.
My favorites are FRIDAY THE 13TH, the whole set of movies from beginning to current.

I love horror movies. Even the bad ones. The low-budget, badly acting ones become my comedy. But my favorites to date are the Japanese horror stories done up with the Hollywood special effects.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 10:10 am

I like good horror movies like The Thing, Alien, The Shining, SAW, The Ring but I don't like movies such a Cabin Fever that have terrible actors, bad scripts and are directed by idiots. I haven't been scared by a film since I was 12 or so.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 11:06 am

I think we should differentiate between "horror movies" and "slasher pics" :D

I like horror and sci-fi, especially those from the 50's, when I grew up. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951) is my favorite, followed by the 1953 version of "War of the Worlds" and 1954's "Them!"

I dislike slasher flics generally. The original "Elm Street" was very imaginative though. To me, the first slasher pic was Joan Crawford's 1964 film Strait-Jacket. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058620/ ) That's when I decided I don't like slasher pics :lol:

StrawberryJam
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Aug 2008, 11:20 am

i really like horror movies :o and some slasher movies, so long as theres still a decent plot and its not just blood gore blood gore blood gore, i can get the same thing watching a wreck on the side of a road, its just not that entertaining without a story XD

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 11:46 am

I like them.
My ex freaked out once, I was channel surfing..... Stopped on one show for a minute and then said "If nobody dies pretty soon I'm changing the channel."
For some reason, he found that disturbing.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 12:39 pm

i was truly introduced to the genre when i was 14. there was a staff lady (not sure exactly what she did for the school), and she asked me one day if I saw the Exorcist. after checking it out ...out of curiousity... began my 'obsession' and mass rental of other similiar movies and other movies in the genre. :wink: i'm still into that genre...but the 'obsession' has died down some, to a comfortable level.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Bunni
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2008, 12:41 pm

I've always loved scifi and horror movies...not crazy about things having to do with the Occult though. I love the old B movies too!

That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, and really pisses me off.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 12:55 pm

I love horror flicks, especially anything by John Carpenter or George Romero \m/

Can't stand watching them in the theatre, though...most horror films these days rely on loud noises to "scare" you, but instead, I just end up with sensory overload :x

Skip that :roll:

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 1:11 pm

I love horror movies ^^

But I agree about the theater thing, it's too loud and stupid people are always talking throughout it :(

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 3:02 pm

im indifferent to movie genres.
i dont think it can be correlated to AS

BeeBee23
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2008, 5:24 pm

Zombie movies are a favourite for me! :D

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 5:34 pm

I adore gore. The story does not even have to be good, as long as it is gross enough. :D :D

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2008, 6:48 pm

i like watching horror movies but i think recent cinema has lost touch with true horror....

when i was younger i was completely terrified...used to give me nightmares...and whats worse is that my own family members, including my mom used to scare me..like "Creepshow: Father's Day" she would chase me "I want my cake, Bedelia!" but by the time i was about 13 or 14 they made me laugh....horror films are quite funny to me, especially the newer ones since it looks totally fake...mostly because they use computer graphics instead of the old school make up....

but if it's late at night, alone, and i think about it too much i scare myself...but that's only some movies not all....

08 Aug 2008, 7:25 pm

I like horror movies, doesn't mean I like them all. Last one I watched was "Haunting of Julia."

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

08 Aug 2008, 7:40 pm

Hellraiser (1, 2, 3 and Bloodline), Lord of Illusions, Videodrome, Reanimator, The Eye (asian version), JU-ON and the Resident Evil series are some of what I like as well as the old English Hammer Productions movies with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Well made horror movies RULE! :D