Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

catalyst-alaska
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2008, 3:28 am

Hi All

I will be going to college soon, I am going into my final year of high school but doing some college course already. Then I will be taking a year off of school with the possibility to do some online courses. I have been think about when I go to college signing up or whatever is required for a Study Abroad program. I am wondering if anyone has done something or is doing something similar and what its like? Any help/input would be wonderful

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 5:57 am

Well it depends on the Study Abroad part but I know Mason itself has standards for GenED Credits and along with your degree credits but studying abroad gets some course credits in the end though. GenEd credits is the top thing you should get out of the way because my sister had to take an extra quarter at Washington for GenED credits.

catalyst-alaska
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2008, 3:42 am

Well the school I am looking at Study Abroad program requires you to be at least a sophomore so I am think that most of the GenEd credits might already be met. Does that sound right, I am really only starting to work my way around the complex system of all of this. I am home schooled so I am just starting to think in these different terms, but I am a quick learn so it won't take me long once I get the general idea.