Do you have problems doing simple tasks?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm

Well, I have less trouble than most in these things.

Sheets are something EVERYONE has some trouble with.

You have to get a good hold, align it, and lift it all at once and let the air pressure pull it over the bed. At WORST, it should be CLOSE! THEN, you go around the bed and pull it even. You tuck the excess under the matress. You can tuck your hand under the corners to make a fold of approx 45 degrees to make things basically fall even so the corners look neat.

Cursive script just takes practice. For about 20 years, my cursive was TEXTBOOK! LITERALLY!

For men, getting dressed, SUPPOSEDLY the hardest things are fasteners. I NEVER had trouble with buttons, but it IS about 5 times as easy with 2 hands. Supposedly though, males have more trouble with them than women. ALSO, there are a LOT of jokes about males getting hurt with flys.(the zipper in the front/center) I don't know HOW that can happen. I always know where I am, so to speak.

As for being "ret*d"? I can understand ENOUGH of the difficulty to say that I wouldn't act QUITE that bad. Of course, they might have said that to tell you they were better than you were implying, and they were defending THEMSELVES, rather than insulting you. It IS a fine line, but it is there!

Just today, I asked this IDIOT at "best buy" what memory size SDC cards a specific camera took! She proceeded to in very ******GENERAL****** terms "describe" "every" characteristic, *****BUT***** the one I asked for. I snapped at her "I KNOW what the cards are, but I want to know the maximum memory size it supports.". I was basically saying I wasn't stupid, and simply wanted my question answered.

She said "It supports 4GB, most support 8GB, but this one is older, so I GUESS it supports 4GB!"! I Just HAD to laugh! GUESS?!?!?!? I could have made such a guess a DECADE ago!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 12:12 am

ugh self help skills are the worst! making my own bed, getting myself dressed, tieing my shoes, those are just some of them i struggle with.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 12:55 am

I executive functioning skills are the total pits.
It is one of my severest traits...and what's worse...there are just so many stinking things that I am supposed to do.....It takes me soooo much energy to barely scrape by...and growing up, my self-care skills were hooooorible......yeegads!

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2008, 2:06 am

I can't tie my shoes. :(

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 3:38 am

i dont even have the concentration to finish writing in thi...

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 9:30 am

I am able to do some difficult things well, but some simple things are not so for me. Bed-making is tough, but I have been able to complete the whole process several times. Most of the time, my mom and I do it together.

Timpani
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Aug 2008, 6:23 am

I find a lot of the routine stuff (housework especially) difficult to organise. I sketch diagrams (like the Buzan mid maps) constantly, and I'm easily lost / distracted without them. But I score high in IQ tests (used to, anyway).

The big question is, are there any techniques that we can try that might improve things? any ideas?

T

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 8:22 am

I don't have any problems with self-help, but I find it very hard to organize some of the more complicated stuff (eg. school).

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 10:24 am

I get really overwhelmed when I have a ton of tasks to do, even if technically a lot of them aren't that big a deal (if it gets bad enough I can just freak out, though it's very rare it gets to that point).

Otherwise I can do small tasks (if I can remember them), but I don't do things like make my bed, because I don't see the point. It will just get unmade again, and serves no function to make it. Then I read that it's actually healthier not to make it as contaminants don't live as long on an unmade bed. Can't remember the details, but anyway now I even have a scientific excuse :D

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 1:27 pm

Open the window and let it cool down and good ventilation helps for a lot of things.

Unfortunately that does not clean my floors and bathroom.

Aquamarine_Kitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2008, 6:40 pm

I have a lot of trouble with so-called "simple" tasks, like the kind I'm told over and over again "People are just supposed to know that stuff. You pick it up automatically or through observation."

But since when have I ever picked up anything automatically or through observation??????