Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 12:55 am

I have just recently realized that I don't especially enjoy kissing.

I didn't like it as a child.

It doesn't turn me on when I see movie actors and actresses kissing- it's boring, slightly disgusting, and looks like they're devouring each other ravenously with their mouths.

I cringe at "friendly" kisses, the sort you get from a grandmother or friend. :shudder:

In a romantic sense, I have to be feeling extremely passionate to *want* a wet kiss. Fairly dry kisses or muzzling is fine. A quick nibble of the other party's lower lip is fine. Smearing wet lips around or having a wet mouth plastered on my face isn't, most of the time. It just feels....slobbery to me.

I can't stand for dogs to lick me, either!!

The rest of you, do you have this aversion too? Do you have a hard time explaining it to your partner without being offensive?

irishmic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2005, 1:09 am

chamoisee wrote:
I cringe at "friendly" kisses, the sort you get from a grandmother or friend.
In a romantic sense, I have to be feeling extremely passionate to *want* a wet kiss. Fairly dry kisses or muzzling is fine. A quick nibble of the other party's lower lip is fine. Smearing wet lips around or having a wet mouth plastered on my face isn't, most of the time. It just feels....slobbery to me.

I have to admit that I have been thinking a bit on this subject lately Chamoisee. I agree with you, kissing triggers deep sensory issues with me. Hence, I have always been kiss aversive, and a pretty poor kisser too boot. I have never really been able to kiss with my eyes open, and the only place I really like to kiss is in the bedroom in the heat of passion even still, I would rather suckle on someones earlobe or neck. Heck, when a good sensitive tight hug is enough to raise me to attention, I don't really see the point of kissing anyways. I do think that people with less sensory issues then I could consider themselves rather lucky. A good passionate kiss does seem to have a certain romantic charm.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 2:13 am

I wouldn't know

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 4:26 am

Don't like kissing much, our family doesn't raelly kiss much.

Kissing other people I don't mind.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 4:32 am

Serissa and I had to go by trial and error. She often read the manual as she progressed.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 5:19 am

Kissing...yuck! Earlobe or neck? That's supposed to be better? They're all covered with skin and hair. You know its all dead cells, right? Plus there's all sorts of rubbish being excreted by the skin. Sweat, oil, dead cells, bacteria. Do you really want to touch all that?

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 5:27 am

If you get bored while kissing you can always eat a sandwich or something. I'm sure your partner won't mind.

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2005, 2:36 pm

Tough one.

:?

I never kissed anyone until I was 18, and it was very strange. I still don't enjoy it very much, and I HATE it when family/friends do it. I'd much rather hold someone....

However, I had a girlfriend when I was 18 who liked to kiss a lot, and I liked her a lot, so I had to learn a lot... The result was I became a very good kisser, even though I don't enjoy it all that much. The irony! :(

But the truth is, the NT ladies really, really like kissing, often for a long, long time. It seems to be a harbinger of the whole intimate act for them. They make all sorts of evaluations on how good a lover one is based on how responsive/sensitive one is when kissing.

So if I'm really drawn to a woman, I'll put up with a lot...

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 2:53 pm

TheBladeRoden wrote:
I wouldn't know

::sigh:: Ditto.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 3:14 pm

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
If you get bored while kissing you can always eat a sandwich or something. I'm sure your partner won't mind.

*howl!* what a fabulous image!

i adore being kissed properly. long time since i have been though.

top tip: keep your lips taut, folks - slobbery kisses are somewhat akin to having a leech applied to one's person (or at least i would imagine it to be similar), and equally as appealing.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 3:21 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
TheBladeRoden wrote:
I wouldn't know

::sigh:: Ditto.

Ditto^2

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Elk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2005, 4:03 pm

i dont like kissing either. makes me cringe inside its discusting

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 6:43 pm

Thagomizer wrote:
Serissa and I had to go by trial and error. She often read the manual as she progressed.

It was rather complicated to do that; holding a book in one hand, reading a line, taking a shot at it, pulling back, double-checking both the methodology listed in the book and Thagomizer's general reaction...

In fact, we finally decided to simply tattoo the instructions on Thagomizer's face.

Too bad we didn't think till it was done to have it written in shorthand.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 7:54 pm

Sanityisoverrated wrote:

thank you for reminding me of my ex. she really would eat a mouthful of food, then snog :o actually I loved it! 'chocolate kisses' were the nicest. chinese food kisses were.... interesting :oops: :oops:

worst sensory issue must be toothpaste... I do NOT want to be snogging your TOOTHPASTE!! ! *gags*

*sigh* I miss having a good snog :cry: I love kissing, I was good at it too :oops: but it's like everything else in relationships, it gets too much, I need to escape into my own space for days after that kind of intense experience.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 8:13 pm

vetivert wrote:
Sanityisoverrated wrote:

*howl!* what a fabulous image!

i adore being kissed properly. long time since i have been though.

top tip: keep your lips taut, folks - slobbery kisses are somewhat akin to having a leech applied to one's person (or at least i would imagine it to be similar), and equally as appealing.

This is what I hated most about kissing (long ago when I actually was kissing). It is so hard to remember all the rules . . . this takes any enjoyment out of it because I'm trying to focus on doing it properly.

Also, having another tongue in my mouth makes me want to throw up. :(

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 9:24 pm

Wow, I didn't know so many aspie guys were kissing-averse. I, personally, didn't kiss a girl until the age of 19. But when I did, I loved it; I found myself getting extremely turned on by it. So I've been seeking out opportunities to make out (a.k.a. French kiss) ever since. Although I've kissed a girl a couple of times by now, I still get highly turned on by kissing.