I am equally good at both-- and I am female 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
I am terrible at both-- and I am male 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I am terrible at both-- and I am female 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 95

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2008, 3:05 pm

I am good at both science/math and literature/writing. I enjoy writing and reading in my free time and my favorite classes at school are science classes.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:08 am

Good at both.

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2008, 12:20 pm

I'm good at writing and science. I'm not good with math.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:28 pm

I'm good at math and science, and I'm also good with languages, but I'm terrible at writing. Grammar, foreign languages, reading, yes, but don't ask me to compose anything. I'm female.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 1:51 pm

I like languages in the linguistics and learning of foreign languages sense of the word but not literature. I like the sciences but not so much the mathematics.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:44 pm

I'm much better at the humanities. Partially because I just have naturally good writing skills, and partially it's because I'm very good at analyzing and getting the conclusion I want, especially when no one can actually say it's wrong given the way I wrote it. When there's only one right answer and there's no talking or writing my way around it, when no analysis will save me from a wrong answer, it's a lot harder. I've also been an avid reader and loved stories for as long as I can remember, so literature has always been easy for me. Not to mention I imagined myself going into a writing-oriented career rather than a math-oriented one, so I didn't as much see the use in math for my life beyond the basics. I'm not sure how much it has to do with AS, however.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2008, 4:31 pm

CelticRose wrote:
I'm good at math and science, and I'm also good with languages, but I'm terrible at writing. Grammar, foreign languages, reading, yes, but don't ask me to compose anything. I'm female.

That is more or less exactly what I am like as well. (I'm male. ) I even think I read somewhere it's a documented autistic trait, lacking the imagination needed for creative writing.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 5:39 pm

Love: languages and linguistics.
Like: Literature, biology
Tolerate: Chemistry
Suck at: Maths, physics

That sums it all up, really.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 10:49 pm

olle wrote:
CelticRose wrote:

That is more or less exactly what I am like as well. (I'm male. ) I even think I read somewhere it's a documented autistic trait, lacking the imagination needed for creative writing.

Imagination I got -- too much sometimes. :wink: But present me with a with an assignment to write about a certain topic, and my mind goes blank.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 11:08 pm

language/ literature/ writing-- and I am male

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 12:47 pm

I'm really good at language (but not literature) and I'm good at science too. I'm female.