Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2008, 4:52 pm

Oh my G - I shd have realised. I am sorry. Yes, he's certainly something. 'On the Waterfront' is a very important film. So much from Hollywood these days is garbage.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 4:59 pm

ablomov wrote:
I'm off now - books are lying neglected. I've had a pc for two years and now need to reduce web time.

My couple of weeks here have been mostly enjoyable.

The web for me can in no way come anywhere near birdsong, landscape, country walks, being out in the wind, rain, sun or beneath the stars. This chair and this desk are very limiting. I have energy and I wish to use it.

I enjoyed the Wright Bros thread.

I was suprised at some of the grosser, ugly avatars, I had presumed all aspi's were quite sensitive.

It's so hot here where I live this time of year I have no choice but to walk under the stars if I want to get my daily exercise routine in. Day before yesterday it rained seven inches, very rare event for this time a year, usually the daily high is 105 degrees fahrenheit. The jog park was full of lush pine scent and wet, grassy odors. I detect a hint of mud.

I hope you don't consider my avatar to be gross, it's just a cute cartoon character. I used to be really great at manipulating the mechanical claws in claw machines and I won a Blossom stuffed toy because of it so I think of her as a mascot, sorta.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2008, 5:11 pm

Your avatar is lovely, a slick machine made thing. Its strange what upsets me. As a child - I've never mentioned this in forty plus years I always cried when I found photographs of my Dad. He died when I was seventeen and I still have strong memories of being maybe five or six and crying my eyes out when I saw an image of him. I cannot fathom that one out. Can anyone explain that? I can remember at that young age the house we lived in, Victoria Square and the rooms, who visited and such. It still chokes me. It seems I was so sensitive to his image.

You used the mechanical claw thing! Fabulous. My mother in law always bought my presents from there!

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2008, 5:23 pm

patternist wrote:
Do you find my avatar gross or ugly? If it is to people, I'll change it. I actually find it quite beautiful, both from a design standpoint and symbolically. A bizarre genetic variation, alive, and apparently healthy. But, I suppose some could find it distasteful.

I can't immediately think of any ugly avatars....

Couldnt say it any better myself.