Do people assume you're gay?

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

chrisdh
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Aug 2008, 2:14 am

Yupa wrote:
Do any other guys here have people just assume right off that you're gay?

Yes, and I am. Having the subject become an issue can get very boring after a while.

Yupa wrote:
I usually just laugh it off to other peoples' stupidity and preconceived notions, but I was wondering, how do you handle it?

As though they don't exist which, as I'm also autistic, is very easy for me.

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2008, 6:04 pm

chrisdh wrote:
Yupa wrote:
Do any other guys here have people just assume right off that you're gay?

Yes, and I am. Having the subject become an issue can get very boring after a while.

Yupa wrote:
I usually just laugh it off to other peoples' stupidity and preconceived notions, but I was wondering, how do you handle it?

As though they don't exist which, as I'm also autistic, is very easy for me.

Yeah, I get told Im gay alot :P. So when they ask I just start playing and totally come on them. Either they laugh it off and realize that Im not or get totally f**k'n paranoid. Its good either way the guys that play it off have a good sense of humor. And for the ones that take too seriously... They dont ever bother talking to me again so I make it a win win scenerio :D. Then they see my 34D gorgeous fiance and they're all like wtf?! ha as*holes!

Myles17
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2008, 11:01 pm

sometimes yes... i get hit on by both girls and guys. I usually attract guys who are drug addicts and offer me drugs, gay men, very pretty stupid girls, or nerdy intellectual girls. And some animals run after me. no only kidding. No one has ever blatantly told me i look gay.. but I get asked at the workplace if i have a girlfriend, and i think the people are asking if im gay, or they could be interested in me. But in all honesty I'm not ready to date.. im 18.

stefman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2008, 3:05 am

Yup all the time :D

I mean who wouldn't if you're a worshipper of Kathy Griffin stand up and a lover of Madonna and Kylie Minogue tunage ;)

screw the father, son, holy spirit crap. I've got the trinity of awesomness!

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:18 am

Listen, if you want to know, ask me, and the only reason to ask is because you are interestent, but no matter what my orientation is I have no interest in you, so theirfore you do not need to know. SImple.

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2008, 5:37 am

A lot of people thought i was gay, and at the start i thought it was you know the manly insult people to be friends with them(which I still haven't really got, but i can give as good as i get and it genrally works...) but now they are really serious about the whole gay thing. I guess its because they know I'm not as good as them at asking woman out and they have never seen me with a woman so they instantly think that because I'm rubbish at it i must like the my own sex. I genrally reply in a gay tone and pretend that I am gay and that I will be working on to them...it usually stops them and makes them go away but i don't think it helps my situation...

Bassman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2008, 6:46 am

Yeah, I find myself in the same situation all the time. At School, not so much. But now that im out in the workforce with a bunch of Macho-insecure men with s**t for brains, I get hassled about it alot. Usually I just ignore it.

Drakilor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2008, 9:08 am

They do because I make sure that they know that I am gay.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 6:32 am

it happens to me, too. because i am always alone, i have no girlfriend, i don't talk about girls and sex and i take care of my look, i do my hair, i do sport to look good. but it's mostly the fact that i never initiate or join any discussion about girls.

hal9000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2008, 2:25 pm

it happens to me and usually i let it slide when people give me crap about it. but just this past weekend, a few of us guys from work had a boys night out and when we were headed home at dawn, we passed a bus stop with an advertisment for men's underwear featuring a half naked male model. one of my 'co-workers' joked, 'hey, hal9000 look there.' then there was an uncomfortable silence in the car and no one laughed. i ignored him but its stuff like that that gets me angry.

just because i'm single and quite good looking, i MUST be gay. i questioned whether i was gay, but i am not sexually attracted to men. i do feel attraction to women but usually its not that strong that i feel i need to act on them. i guess i've got a non-existent sex drive. also, my lack of social skills and fear of rejection get in the way. sometimes i just wanna retreat from all these ignorant people and lock myself up in my comfort zone.

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2008, 2:53 pm

I get that a lot as well....

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 4:11 pm

oh hell yeah....but...CAN YOU BLAME THEM?

XD

Gatsby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2008, 8:31 pm

It's happened to me maybe once. But anyone can see that I'm straight.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

I've had problems with chavs that think I'm gay because of how articulate I am but they don't count for much.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

helene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2008, 1:56 am

I am pansexual (similar to bi) and my brother knew my sexual orientation before I did. Also, the girl I have a major crush on (she may become my girlfriend, time will tell) made a comment about an advantage to being in a same sex relationship on 19 February (about a month before my brother told me that I like her) and also knew that I liked her before I came out to her. I guess some times people can tell that you like someone even if you like the person without consciously admitting it.

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2008, 4:18 am

Isn't pansexual you like other species as well as woman and men or am I watching Torchwood to much? :D