No, I'm an afternoon and evening kind of person. 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
No, I am nocturnal. 27%  27%  [ 28 ]
No, I am nocturnal. 27%  27%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 102

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 1:51 am

Am a night owl, always have been. School was awful, bc. of early hours. Now able to sleep as needed-don't have a schedule at all. Sunrise makes me sleepy, but nighttime can be darkly unsettling. So I don't sleep any regular hours-on average, over the span of a month, I follow a 25-hour clock. I go to sleep and wake up 1 hour later than the previous day/night. It can be very random-seeming & unpredictable, on a day-to-day basis. In general, I get sleepy 18 hours after I woke up, though it's difficult to fall asleep even when I'm tired. Sleep whenever I can manage it, bc. I feel restless & worried & uncomfortable intentionally attempting to go to sleep.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2005, 5:50 am

im an early morning person, and i usually wake up at weird hours.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 6:03 am

Early morning hours are a nice time. Everything is so still and calm. I'm nocturnal and unfortunately, I don't see much of the early moring hours (at least with the sun up). I wish there were people awake and stuff to do all hours of the night. Also, it's not a good enough area to be running around late. Not being able to wake up, or waking up early and not having my brain wake up until 8:00pm is really hurting my prospects for the future.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 11:54 am

nope Im a turn the alarm off and roll back over kinda person :).

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 1:38 pm

I don't feel right unless I wake up before 6:30 or so.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 2:04 pm

Sean wrote:
Not being able to wake up, or waking up early and not having my brain wake up until 8:00pm is really hurting my prospects for the future.

I don't mean to get off-topic, but there are some jobs where people work during the night and sleep during the day. :roll:

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2005, 11:29 am

I'm as nocturnal as they get. The annoying thing is that my mother's a morning person and she's insufferably cheerful when I'm in an awful mood due to having just woken up.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 8:58 pm

rhubarbpluscustard wrote:
I'm as nocturnal as they get. The annoying thing is that my mother's a morning person and she's insufferably cheerful when I'm in an awful mood due to having just woken up.

Aren't all mothers like that?
Although my mother only gets up at four because she wants to get her personal work done so that she can relax after professional work, even on vacation she gets up at the unholy hour of 6.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 10:32 pm

I'm no morning person. In fact, when I made my transition from summer (wake up at 9-12 AM) to school (wake up at 6:30 AM) I feel horribly sick to my stomach all day. :(

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 10:49 pm

TheOrangeMage wrote:
I'm no morning person. In fact, when I made my transition from summer (wake up at 9-12 AM) to school (wake up at 6:30 AM) I feel horribly sick to my stomach all day. :(

Sympathize completely.
I do this with a weekend schedual as well.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Riversong
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2005, 3:45 pm

I think I was a morning person until I started school. Then morning began to mean school or (now) work. I tend to put off going to bed in a futile attempt to prevent the morning (and work time) arriving, or maybe in the attempt to have more awake time in my life away from work.

I finally settled into a pattern of waking at the crack of 10 AM--when I could. Work tends to interfere with that.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2005, 5:18 pm

Mmm… school holidays have started for me and I have reverted back to my happy sleep pattern which is waking between 5pm-10pm and going to bead between 6am-1130am most of the time, then some times I stay up 30-40 hour’s at a time then sleep for 20 I feel so awake when I am allowed to do that

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2005, 5:23 pm

I am a morning person now, but growing up with an astronomy hobby made me nocturnal for most of my life. I spent plenty of nights outside when I was a kid and when I was a teen the frequency of those late nights increased. It always felt natural to go to bed between 4:00 and 6:00 am and get up after 12:00. As a working adult, I would immediately revert to my nocturnal nature on days I didn’t have to work. A couple of jobs I held were second shifts and that allowed me to return to 4-6 am bedtimes.

Until recently, I have never functioned properly in the morning and would take hours to come to a state of wakefulness. I never was able to adapt to morning waking and as a child was always falling asleep in class. As an adult, I would be very drowsy and sometimes fall asleep at work.

That all changed after I turned 35, due to adopting a healthier lifestyle. Now I wake up naturally around 6:30, jump out of bed and go running to start the day. I feel very alert and energetic in the morning, which is a new experience for me.

synx13
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Nov 2005, 2:27 am

Here's something odd: I used to be a morning person! I'd wake up in the mornings functional, aware, and usually wide awake in seconds. Lately though, for years now even I've been waking up hard, almost like a plane crash in reverse. My sinuses are always dried out and inflamed, and there's this icky... ick all over my face (the doctor says it's "just" dust mites), and it's harder to move, the muscles are all twitchy and uncoordinated. I can't usually think clearly, and almost always find it impossible to raise up enough genki to even sit up, much less rise out of bed. I'm not hungry in the mornings anymore, and the food feels like a rock in my stomach. Sometimes I put off going to sleep because I know how much it's going to hurt to wake up again. I wish I could be a morning person again; I love sunrises because they remind me of beginnings.

Anonymous_Aspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2005, 2:56 am

I've been keeping track of my sleep patterns...for the last 59 days I've consistently gone to bed at 3:30 - 4:00 AM and waking up at 3:00 - 4:00 PM. Of course, being unemployed does wonders for ones freedom to choose thier sleeping and waking hours. Frankly, the sunlight burns my eyes too easily anyways.

-AA

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 4:35 am

Yes, I guess I could say that I'm a morning person. I love the crispness of going outside and starting a new day (and I like breakfast).

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.