Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Oct 2009, 8:33 am

What have I done wrong?

You scored 9% Style, 36% Climate, and 62% Culture!
You are Baltimore, Maryland.
Baltimore, the largest city in Maryland, is situated in the northern part of the state on the Patapsco River estuary, an arm of Chesapeake Bay.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 9:11 am

result for The Which Major U.S. City Are You? Test ...

HARTFORD!
You scored 43% Style, 36% Climate, and 32% Culture!

You are Hartford, Connecticut. Hartford, located at the end of the navigable portion of the Connecticut River, was settled in 1623 as a Dutch trading post. In 1636, a group of English settlers left Massachusetts and formed a colony here. The settlers made peace with the local Algonquin Indians, who called the town Saukiog, and renamed it after Hertford, England. Shaped by the social and economic forces which gave rise to industrial growth in America, Hartford grew and prospered as successive waves of immigrants came to work, build and settle in the community. This ethnic and cultural diversity continues to be a prominent part of Hartford's heritage and one of the city's greatest assets. Hartford also became an important cultural and communications center. The nations oldest public art museum, the Wadsworth Athenaeum, was founded in 1844. Supported by prominent benefactors like J.P. Morgan, the museum grew to become one of the top ten art museums in the country. Authors like Mark Twain and Harriet Beecher Stowe were drawn to the area, because, as Twain said "of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief."

You have landed yourself in a more laid back city because you are not fond of typical city crowds and city folk, but would probably be happier in a smaller town. You also don't mind the change in seasons, even though you prefer more sunshine and warm weather to the opposite. You probably enjoy a good film or art show every now and then, but more often than not, you just like to kick back and enjoy the outdoors and nature. You could stand to be a bit more open-minded because it would make you all the more well-rounded. Hartford fits you alright, although you'd probably do well in the countryside, too, far from the hustle, bustle, and stress of the city.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mmmph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2009, 9:45 pm

I really want to go to portland :)

I really love it out on the west coast. I love Seattle, and I want to live in Port Townsend, WA. It's quiet, and there are lots of trees.

If I'm in a noisy mood, I have a soft spot for Chicago.

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2009, 10:45 am

Hi TimTex! Don't know what sort of work you do so it is hard to give advice.

Melbourne Australia has IKEA and if not BEST BUYS then something equivalent... BEST and LESS.
There are plenty of outdoor activities. About 3 million people, last I took notice of the stats.

No Snow in the metroploitan area. Can experience 4 seasons in one day..... different seasons.

Has been classified a few times as the , or one of the worlds most livable cities, and from what I've noticed on WP it seems to be aspie central.

USA wouldn't know.

Barcelona and Istanbul come to mind but then again I don't know your work prospects or language adaptability.

You seem pretty laid back sort of guy who knows what he likes..... so don't go anywhere fast and racy.....and I reckon stay clear of super conservative to reactionary type of cities.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 10:14 am

I am about to graduate from college, and will be working in GIS or urban planning.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!