Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 5:01 am

I am 28 and have my driving test coming up in 9 days time. I sat the test in Feb and failed partially I think because of nerves I perform f*****g awful under pressure I ran a red light and a curb!! anyone got any suggestions on how to do well in the test?

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 5:16 am

Yes coping with the pressure is the tricky bit.
Just try hard to chill out before (and after) the test.

Good luck!

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 12:01 pm

I drank some hot tea before my test and closed my eyes and focused on something else until it was my turn. Then when it finally came, I just pretended I was alone, and that seemed to help a lot. Tip: don't talk to yourself during it, I did, and I seriously weirded everyone out.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 12:31 pm

I got annoyed on my second test - the examiner took the steering wheel where I could see there was no way I was going to hit the small tree behind me...Must've been at least 2 meters from the rear bumper. Third test, I thought - screw this, I'm going caution style, I confirmed EVERY action to make sure it was right 8)
Take the next left - NT = Take the left coming up - ME, Do you mean this one coming up now, or the one AFTER?
Worked for me, I just worked on one thing at a time. Not worrying about the next until I come up to it...

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 1:48 am

Try Bach flowers 'rescue remedy' no one really knows how bach flowers work but they certainly seem too. Rescue Remedy should help to calm you down, there are no drugs and it has no Identifiable active ingredient, it is similar to homeopathics. The base is brandy but you only need one drop from the dropper so that wont be aproblem either.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 8:46 am

Catster2 wrote:
I am 28 and have my driving test coming up in 9 days time. I sat the test in Feb and failed partially I think because of nerves I perform f***ing awful under pressure I ran a red light and a curb!! anyone got any suggestions on how to do well in the test?
just stay focuset and learn for mistage:) u dont need to take pressures by time u get your license to drive alone its really relaxsing :)