Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:30 pm

I find cheese to be a major weakness - in the food supply. I only like it if it's been fortified with something spicy, such as jalapenos. I find cheese by itself to be bland, and since it's goopy, that blandness stays in one's mouth, long after ingestion.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:54 pm

I became allergic to cheese :(
(cheap cheese, and I'm afraid to find out with other kinds of cheese)
So now I only eat Chihuahua cheese made by the mennonites here in mexico, delicious :)

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:22 pm

Yes I like cheese quite a bit. Also, Computer love, I've had real Mexican Queso Chihuahua, and it was great, though the only place that I found it was in a supermarket about 2 blocks from the border in El Paso. --The American version is basically similar to Munster, though without the annato dye rind.

Ivanov_Kuznetsov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:41 pm

Flismflop wrote:
I find cheese to be a major weakness - in the food supply. I only like it if it's been fortified with something spicy, such as jalapenos. I find cheese by itself to be bland, and since it's goopy, that blandness stays in one's mouth, long after ingestion.

Clearly you have not indulged in half pound chunks of habanero cheddar or a various hot curry paneer dish :)

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:00 pm

Fogman wrote:
Yes I like cheese quite a bit. Also, Computer love, I've had real Mexican Queso Chihuahua, and it was great, though the only place that I found it was in a supermarket about 2 blocks from the border in El Paso. --The American version is basically similar to Munster, though without the annato dye rind.

annato? (goes to check what annato is)

Ah, here it's called achiote, Fogman the regular chihuahua here is just cheese, without annato.

BTW, I also like panela, jocoque, queso fresco, and of course oaxaca cheese :)

damn, I'm drooling!

EDIT: found a description of mexican cheeses, if anyone is interested: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/mexicancheeses.htm

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:06 pm

the ginarmous selection of cheese at the whole foods really opened my eyes to cheese.

feta's my favorite cheese, whilst saga blue and pepper jack are at a tie.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 12:37 am

I am allergic to blue cheeses, but I still get weird cravings for it, there must be something in it because when I crave it, I don't get a reaction. I love gorgonzola, brie and stilton, for cheddar I like the Armstrong cheddar which is a nice and sharp old style cheese, we also get Guinness cheddar which is infused with the beer, its so good.