Do you still live with your parents and why?

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:36 pm

When I'm not in college and therefore 3000 miles away from my parents, I live at home for the most part. It's really no use getting an apartment for three months, let alone for a week or four days. However, for one summer I did live at a friend's house because I had a job out near her. So it's not so much a dependency issue as it is just a practicality issue. When I go to law school next year, I'll be getting my own permanent apartment, though hopefully the friend I mentioned will be living with me there at a certain point. Oh, and I'll be bringing my old cat, so she'll keep me company too. :D

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2008, 6:05 pm

I'm 22 and live at home. The cost of living is too high where I live. I just finished paying off my student loans and I'm tackling graduate school tuition. I also don't want to live alone, the prospects sound too lonely. My parents are okay with me living at home and they told me they prefer it.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:49 pm

For the time being, I am living at home. I am 48. I came back in 2004 from Georgia. When I develop my career to a certain point, I will take a better paying job and move out of state.

It's not that I cannot live independently: I can do that perfectly fine just like anyone else. Right now for the time being, I don't earn very much and simply cannot afford to live on my own.

Valkyrie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2008, 7:06 pm

I'm 25 and still live with my family. I'd love to move out but I don't have the money and I don't know anyone who I could roommate with.

I hope to start college or tech school within a year or two so I can change that.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:14 pm

I left home at 18 (as soon as possible) and haven't been back. It was really hard at times, but I always managed to get by. (I didn't go to college, just moved out.)

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:18 pm

Am left the family home at twenty[?],am would be still there,if it wasnt for the social services.
mum was full time carer,but also stole all the benefits off am as she was the person in charge of account,she is an alcoholic and spent it all on alcohol,when she had no alcohol she was nice,but when she was drunk she was violent and abusive to am.
the SS/LD team wanted am moved out into institution placement and police involved about mum,but mum told am she would never allow to see the cats again if allowed the police to come.
even though it was torture moving out and living away from home,am now realise how much better it is that move out earlier,rather than letting the routine keep building with parents,until they're too old to help,am don't think am would cope with such a move then.
am stay with them every weekend,and have done since left the family home.
am do a lot more with staff than family,and am also get on a lot better with dad since moving out.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:21 pm

Don't live with parents. Left at 17 and never went back.

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:50 pm

Moved out at 19.

Back at 24 after a bad breakup.

Back out at 25.

Back home at 26 when My father passed because my Mom needed the help.

32 and supporting my mother..... so I guess I live with my parent still. <.<

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:54 pm

DJRnold wrote:
Yes. I'm 17

and going to COMMUNITY COLLEGE next Monday! f**k YEAH!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:27 pm

Still at home...no job, no money, nobody to room with...

Even if I had a job, I would be too afraid of losing it to try to move out.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:33 pm

I'd love to still live with my mother! Think of the money I would save! Plus, she has a gorgeous, huge Victorian house right on the lake, with land, and every bedroom has a walk-in closet, which is heaven for a city boi. Unfortunately, she lives in a small town and I would have to uproot myself. :cry: Still, would be nice...
Except my mother is quite high maintenance. If anybody knows the program "Absolutely Fabulous", she is scarily close to Eddie. No, really, she is, in every way. But she has a French accent, not a British one.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:47 pm

21 and still living at home. When I finish my 2 years of college and settle into a job, I plan to move out. But I don't know if I will be able to afford an apartment all to myself. I'll find a roommate if I have to, but I plan to proceed with the decision with caution and read the lease agreement very carefully top to bottom. The last thing I want is a roommate that slacks off, takes advantage of me, or is a party animal.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:23 pm

I live with my mom. I am estranged from my father. I will live with my mom for the next two years until I get a Master's in IT. I already have a degree but it's not suitable for the work I want to do. I get on very well with my mom and there is almost no conflict. I like living with my family but I have also lived on my own and I enjoyed that too.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:40 pm

I live next door to my parents in a small house which I pay them 200 a month and pay for my own expenses except water since it is on the same line.

I have a drivers license and a car but I still rely on them for transportation which sucks. Having them live so close also means that I don't exactly have the privacy I need but it still beats living in the same house. It is kind of in between living on my own and living with my parents.

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:55 pm

Do I live at home, yes. Why? Because I am a poor college student taking out loans to pay for my lunch.

Could I live away from home? I lived in another country for months, I was more or less litterally on the other side of the planet from my parents. Coincidently my health also improved during this time

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 4:16 pm

Technically yes, but Im a college student so I live at home during the breaks. Live in the dorms during the school year which 2000 miles away from my home. Its more practical for me to live at home during the breaks because I barely make any of my own money, wouldnt have anyone to room with, too expensive, etc. Im perfectly fine living on my own, I can take care of everything, except financial issues(they freak me out).