at least I didn't send a real message

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:31 pm

Well I decided to text my bf to see if he's available to talk. I didn't feel like writing much so I just wrote Hi and went on to send - that I realized i had entered his dads phone number.

Thankfully I didn't say something like "I love you, beautiful."

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:07 pm

8O Lucky escape. How close are the phone numbers on there? I wouldn't panic really. I'm sure he would probably understand, sometimes your bf may have a nickname you want to put them under ;) it's not uncommon

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:17 pm

Keith wrote:
8O Lucky escape. How close are the phone numbers on there? I wouldn't panic really. I'm sure he would probably understand, sometimes your bf may have a nickname you want to put them under ;) it's not uncommon

They aren't close - different area codes and exchanges and are 2 and 6 on speed dial. However my phone will not allow me to send a text message using speed dial and I am just now learning bf's number (I know his dads because I deleted it from my phone several times last year when my seizures caused me to be angry at him than re-added it when I calmed down). I sometimes think that there cell numbers have the same area code because after all they are registered to the same household. So I think what happened is I thought whats his number "848-" and from there entered the only 848 number I know, when I should have used "732"*

The odd thing about my phone is there is one exception to the speed dialing texting rule. If I want to text his mother's cell I have to use speed dial, entering her phone number won't work. I suppose thats why I get for choosing to use a $20 plastic tracfone.

*for geography majors out there, these aren't the correct area codes so don't panic if they aren't assigned to adjacent areas

**And for those who want to say 8O Your bf isn't number 1 on speed dial. I have my cell phone number is #1 - that way i can quickly retrieve it when I need to share it

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:39 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Well I decided to text my bf to see if he's available to talk. I didn't feel like writing much so I just wrote Hi and went on to send - that I realized i had entered his dads phone number.

Thankfully I didn't say something like "I love you, beautiful."

lol My ex used to send messages that he meant to send to me to his best friend all the time by accident and his friend would get really freaked out.

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2008, 9:00 pm

I kept getting messages from an old friend that were intended for hia brother- whom he was feuding with. "I was like What the heck" I knew I hadn't done anything and was uber confused. LOL!

rifler39
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 10:38 pm

On my tracfone, I hit "menu-select-down-down-down" and have that phone's own number. That way it doesn't matter which phone I have, I can get the number the same way.

I used to get the fax phone numbers for two of my clients mixed up. Trying to explain a computer fix to a client who doesn't have that particular problem is difficult. :D

Pops

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:37 pm

It's no big deal. Just send another message, explaining that you sent the original one by mistake. SInce it's very likely for two names to be close together in a cell phone address book, even the most hardcore NTs won't care about this mistake.