Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

electronic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2008, 3:16 am

I like Gold and Sliver. I wish there was a remake of Gold and Sliver.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 5:30 am

I think Red and Emerald were the best... me and my bro had a race to complete them... :) He won both races :lol: , If you wanna complete the pokemon games quickly, I'd say it would help to pick around Four pokemon, then you don't have to do anywhere near as much training up...

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:11 am

I liked Gold. Never played any of the others to completion. The games are too similar to each other, so unless there is a change to the franchise I doubt I would ever play another. Heck, the games on the DS look largely similar to the original GB versions.

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2008, 6:16 am

Diamond and Pearl are only my favourites because of Wi-Fi. If Nintendo remade the second generation games then they would probably be my favourite.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:22 am

I've never been able to get Wi-Fi on the NDS working with my router. Apparently the only possible way to use Nintendo Wi-Fi with a router is to disable almost all security and make it run at a lower speed.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Aug 2008, 2:52 pm

Yellow and Silver are my favorites.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 7:31 pm

Gold, Silver & Crystal were the absolute best. I wish they would make a remake of those games, not changing the plot line or anything like that, but just improving the graphics and including WiFi

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 7:47 pm

Remake a Pokemon game? Are you trying to be funny??? They're all virtually remakes of each other! The only game company I can think of that's more guilty at remaking their games over and over is Nintendo.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 8:18 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity you forgot Square Enix with Final Fantasy 8)

I would like to see them all be remade in one game where every area is accessible and every pokemon can be caught.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 8:54 pm

My favirout was crystal, It was just like gold and silver except had a mix of the pokemon, moving pokemon and a bit of extra stuff. One of the great things about it was that mountain where you could verse Red and the fact you could travel to the Kanto region and see things changed. It was fun to also play it with Pokemon Stadium, where I could get more involved, play minigames and go to the pokemon school which I beat. The thing with the pokemon games is that I like to take my time, I dont like to just go through it without drawing the most fun out of it.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 11:27 am

I personally like Pokemon Emerald the best, mostly because of the Magma/Aqua storyline. Team Rocket and Team Galactic always have the same goals, take over the world, blah blah blah. But Teams Magma and Aqua didn't want to rule the world, just change it for the benefit of people and Pokemon (or so they thought). Their methods may have been wrong, but their intentions were good and believable. You might even call them the eco-terrorists of the Pokemon world.

Also I liked the Battle Frontier. There was so much stuff you could do there.

Pokemon Pearl was ok, I liked the variety of Pokemon and attacks that it offered, and I also enjoyed the fact that the story goes on for a little while even after you beat the Pokemon League.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

i liked Yellow best. i know trading with your friends is a big part of Pokemon but i liked the fact you could get Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle all in one game without having to resort to the link cable. so you could say it's the best "self-contained" Pokemon game, which is a weird concept i know but go with me on this.

quick note, i gotta say aside from the series being marketed within an inch of it's life that Pokemon is probably one of the best RPG's out there. it requires a large amount of input from the player and there are truly endless customization options for your Pokemon team. and since this is marketed towards kids it really gives them a chance to stretch the potential of their creativity and strategy. beats the pants off most JRPG's, i'll say that much.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2008, 7:27 pm

electronic wrote:
I wish there was a remake of Gold and Sliver.

Well, Johto as a possible place a Pokemon has been captured in a Pokemon's stats is in Diamond & Pearl's coding...& last I checked, there was a rumor about Nintendo copyrighting, "Pokemon DuskGold & DawnSilver".

...It might happen.

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2008, 7:29 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Remake a Pokemon game? Are you trying to be funny??? They're all virtually remakes of each other! The only game company I can think of that's more guilty at remaking their games over and over is Nintendo.

Well, although they always have the same franchise idea for non-spin-off Pokemon titles, FireRed & LeafGreen were actually what is officially considered remakes of Red & Blue.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 10:48 pm

I personally like Yellow and , because they were the first Pokèmon games I played.

I like Diamond too, because of the Wi-Fi.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 8:33 pm

I really like Diamond version, mainly for the fact that the link cable is no longer a factor, among other reasons.

But having an GSC remake would be much more of a purchasing point for me. Mainly Crystal. It would be nice to transfer some of the Pokémon upward a generation to be transferred to D/P, but I don't see that happening, so it would take a team of dedicated breeders to find, breed and perfect the Pokémon I would want. :P.