Wind Waker 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Twlight Princess 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 20

electronic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2008, 3:22 am

I love Ocarina of time

Last edited by electronic on 20 Aug 2008, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 3:52 am

I have played Zelda 1 (NES), LttP (SNES), LA (GB), OoT (N64), MM (N64), OoS (GBC), OoA (GBC), tMC (GBA), TP (Wii) & PH (NDS). Of these, OoT is my favourite of the 3D series and OoS/OoA of the 2D series, with LA just behind. Least favourites of the 3D series was TP, and of the 2D series tMC; both felt paint by numbers to me.

LttP seems to be highly regarded but I always thought the GB/C ones improved upon the formula considerably. They seemed a lot more willing to deviate from the Zelda formula, which might not be surprising considering they would have taken much less development and had lower associated costs.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:19 am

I have played Wind Waker and TP, the first one with my ex girlfriend (she actually brought me in the Zelda world) so it has some bittersweet flavour associated, but I liked it better than TP.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 7:06 am

I hope the Wii eventually has a Zelda with the cartoon graphics style of Wind Waker for Gamecube.

msgreengenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2008, 7:20 am

The Twilight Princess just had so much heart, for me. I actually cried when it was over.

I may be a great gamer, but I sure am girly about it all! :]

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 7:26 am

Venger wrote:
I hope the Wii eventually has a Zelda with the cartoon graphics style of Wind Waker for Gamecube.

Yeah, the cartoon graphics is what I liked more of WW, so beautiful ! :wink:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 9:12 am

The cartoon graphics are consistent with the old Zelda games for the NES, SNES, and Gameboy. The ones with the semi-realistic style are Twilight Princess and the two Nintendo 64 games.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 9:30 am

I liked Ocarina of Time, the others I have are Majoras mask and wind waker, and smash bors but dont know if that counts. I was personaly sceptical of wind waker being cartoonish but I saw that there was a good reason for it being like that. I like how they seemed to have so much depth, though majoras mask seemed a bit smaller in ways compared to OoT it had a lot of depth to it, I havnt realy seen anything like it in a while. My family has a Wii and I am planing on geting TP eventualy.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 10:35 am

I've played them all except Majora's Mask. I liked Wind Waker and A Link to the Past best.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:50 pm

You left off the portable games and the CDI games, but my favorite is definitely the first game.

Haven't played the CDI games, but my least favorite is Majora's Mask :x Dunno why, I just couldn't get into it at all.

Darc
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2008, 2:01 pm

From the ones I've played (which are the nes ones, the portable ones and TP) I'd have to say phantom hourglass

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I liked Ocarina of Time, the others I have are Majoras mask and wind waker, and smash bors but dont know if that counts. I was personaly sceptical of wind waker being cartoonish but I saw that there was a good reason for it being like that. I like how they seemed to have so much depth, though majoras mask seemed a bit smaller in ways compared to OoT it had a lot of depth to it, I havnt realy seen anything like it in a while. My family has a Wii and I am planing on geting TP eventualy.

I have a copy of Zelda TP for Wii to sell. PM me if you want to arrange a deal.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 11:52 pm

Link's Awakening.

Followed by Ocarina of Time, I guess :roll:

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 5:38 am

Where's Link's Awakening at? I loved that game. (ballad of the windfish is pretty awesome when you're hearing it played on real instruments instead of the bad gameboy speakers :b)

I also love OOT a lot, and I love MM a ton as well because it seems to have a lot of hidden history/background. (if you ever read the article about how the Stone Tower is like the tower of Babel, you know what i mean)

Also, the music in most of the zelda games is great, which is really my favorite aspect of the games.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 8:03 am

I loved Majora's Mask it was great, and I loved being able to transform into different things.

exiled_sage
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2008, 2:49 am

A link to the past.
Granted that game in addition to sentimental value for me, is one of the few games i can do a speedrun on in roughly five and a half hours.