Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

electronic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2008, 3:38 am

What do you think of the movie? Very funny movie. almost everyone has Asperger's in the movie.

Last edited by electronic on 24 Aug 2008, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 3:45 am

haven't seen it yet. not that easy to get where I am. but there is an >> article << about it on wrong planet and the discussion seems interesting.

ferch8ch8
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2008, 5:03 am

You can find it at youtube.

Gainer

20 Aug 2008, 5:24 am

As a Aspie I found this movie to be awesome. In fact it is one of my favorite films. For a person who knows nothing of AS or has no association with AS, they would find it frustrating, a love story between two feaks and a general waste of time. Poor person.

make the effort if you can to go and watch it

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Aug 2008, 5:50 am

I liked it, They was quite a lot different from me though.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:13 am

Wow, I have just seen they have made the Italian version (they have translated it "Crazy In Love"), I will buy it and then I will be able to comment :wink:

Lateralus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2008, 8:08 am

I enjoyed the film for what it was but didn't really relate to them apart from social anxiety.

camelonajourney
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2008, 5:26 pm

My best friend (an aspie as well) and I watched this while at the beach double-featured with Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, and we both really liked it, though the writer's habit of having most of his movies' main characters have magic math powers can get old really fast...

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 3:51 am

camelonajourney wrote:
... though the writer's habit of having most of his movies' main characters have magic math powers can get old really fast...

You know, most filmed individuals with Autism/Asperger's have some form of special ability, and it's really quite sobering when you realize that that is what actually makes them "cool" and "unique" to other people (the viewers), not their weird and eccentric behaviour. It's also sobering when you realise that you don't have any special abilities with the whole Autism thingy, other than perhaps a good rote-memory (which a very good portion of those with an ASD have).

camelonajourney
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2008, 3:53 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
camelonajourney wrote:
... though the writer's habit of having most of his movies' main characters have magic math powers can get old really fast...

You know, most filmed individuals with Autism/Asperger's have some form of special ability, and it's really quite sobering when you realize that that is what actually makes them "cool" and "unique" to other people (the viewers), not their weird and eccentric behaviour. It's also sobering when you realise that you don't have any special abilities with the whole Autism thingy, other than perhaps a good rote-memory (which a very good portion of those with an ASD have).

And of course the fantastic ability to make really awkward conversation, another power we all share... :roll:

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:00 pm

ferch8ch8 wrote:
You can find it at youtube.

Is it the full movie?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:42 pm

I wish that they had not insisted on having some character or another display each and every autistic stereotype... I just kept waiting for Rain Man to wander onto the screen and start counting things...

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 12:53 am

Love the movie, even though it totally warped the original story. I really identified with the female lead, she is very much like myself.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 12:17 pm

I liked it. Josh Hartnett did a very good job.