Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Myles17
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2008, 11:21 pm

Absolutely not, I always buy new clothes. I am so socially ret*d, that it helps me to make friends.. and I like to keep up with fashion. The only thing that keeps me from shopping is social anxiety. But i wear my mp3 player when i go to buy clothes, and I've learned to just grab a pile and try them on. Sometimes what looks bad on the hanger will look good on me when i try it on. Back to the question. I do wear "old" clothes when i sleep. but they are only like 2-3 months old. I usually throw my old clothes away, but if they are nice enough I give them to goodwill.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jun 2017, 5:44 am

I would never consider a few months old clothes "old" :D
I prefer a neutral, classic style, so I don't need to care much about the fashion. For everyday use I choose comfortable outfit, often from trekking stores - the advantage of working in a non-dress-code profession :D - and use them until they are totally worn out. There are styles I like more than others but I would never give up comfort for style.
For formal ocasions I keep in my wardrobe the most universal, classic and fitting to everything items I could find.

I can imagine that one can love the style and fashion but my preference is just not to be bothered by what I wear ;)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 7:47 pm

I like to get a good wear out of my clothes. I have some which are around ten years old and I still wear them. I like wearing new clothes but old clothes are nice also. They feel great.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2017, 5:03 am

I wear cloths till they have big holes or a lot of holes because I don't like spending the money on new cloths & don't really do anything where I need to look nice. When I buy new cloths I buy the same brands & type that I have.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 12:45 pm

I used to buy my pants new, because I liked a particular fashion in pockets that worked great for my bike lock. A year after my last such purchase I returned to the store to complain. I hadn't prepared a speech, so when the clerk asked what was wrong with them, I just blurted out "They don't cover me anymore." Being oblivious to fashion is, at least, a great economy.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 12:53 pm

My clothes are 5-20 years old (and most were hand-me-downs when I got them!) I own about 5 t-shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of shoes, a few sweaters, a lot of them are old and raggedy but I find them comfortable.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 3:18 pm

I have both old and "new" clothes. Some of my favorite ones have holes in them (but not many - I can sew so I fix them or change them into something else) and are about 10 years old but I am on constant hunt for "new" comfortable clothes. "New" because I buy them in secondhands, cheap and washed a few times already so they are not so rough anymore.
I like shopping if it means buying a "new" favorite t-shirt for about 1$. :lol:
Just recently I bought a tank top for about 1,5$ made of real silk. I think it will be one of my favorites because it is very comfortable and I don't feel heat in it.