Anyone else been out of school for a long period?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

will13994
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2008, 8:12 am

I have been out of school for nearly two years now because of problems at my previous two schools, well throughout my entire school life in mainstream education to be honest. I have done absolutely nothing at all since I was last at school and I am sooooo BORED. I have now got a statement of SEN and have been offered a place at a residential special school, just awaiting a place to become available. Has anyone else had a similar experience? :? or anything similar at all?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 11:11 am

I've been out of school for 2 years.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2008, 11:01 pm

I was off the beginning of year 8 and half the beginning of year 9, where I was helped to get into a new school just in time for SATs, and finished my GCSEs with 70%ish attendance for the last 2 years... then in college i managed to get into 5 lessons for the entire first month, needless to say they didn't let me attend anymore, second year only managed 3, and once again wasn't allowed to carry on because they didn't see it as likely me being able to attend. So now it's technically "next year" and I should either be going to university or getting a full time job, though I'm capable of neither (not intellectually or physically, just emotionally and mentally) :?

Johnson68
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2008, 3:46 am

I got expelled in the 10th grade.
I've been out of school for two years now.

I did however seek other ways out to get the school certificates most employees would
like you to acquire when you apply for a job.

I'm also doing a Motorbike Mechanic course.

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2008, 3:49 am

I was at school right through from Nursery to Y9 at comprehensive.

Then in Y9 & Y10 there were a number of large scale problems in school so was took out of school at the end of Year 9 to complete by GCSE's at home. Then in Y11 i went into another local comprehensive school 2 days a week for two hours to complete some work with another autistic student.

Im now back in full time education in Y13 and think what happened was now the best thing that did happen as through changing school's 3 times at comprehensive i've met loads of people and now have a lot of people that I get on with really well.

Asp1e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2008, 11:37 am

IdahoRose wrote:

Nearly 2 years here .. but now i've moved to another school for people with autism and i looove it there :D

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 11:58 am

Out of the public school system since 8th grade graduation, was private schooled, and now home schooled.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2008, 9:47 pm

Public school, whole time.

havens89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Nov 2009, 9:17 pm

I'm homeschooled now but this past school year (10th grade) was definitely a difficult one for me. I switched between 3 different schools; 2 public schools and IDT. I hated IDT, the group therapy sessions being hard for me. I didn't like having to share what was 'wrong' with me with other people. IDT was more for the behavior problems or those not wanting to do school work while my problem was the people and bulling, teasing, etc. I was out of school for about 2-3 weeks while waiting for a spot to free up to try IDT. That was nice, being out of any school. I'm very happy being homeschooled finally :)

lolcatsrule_123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Nov 2009, 7:46 am

once for 2 weeks because the bullying got really bad

ajanin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2009, 2:35 pm

I graduated this year and got half the work done to sign up for college. I didn't really want to go with people I know. Now I just sit here all day and play WoW(I know :( ).

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 4:06 pm

Asp1e wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Nearly 2 years here .. but now i've moved to another school for people with autism and i looove it there :D

School for people with autism, and you love it...I don't think I would like it because no one will talk much to each other and it is boring as it is cause I have trouble talking much to NTs. And some NTs are outgoing. I don't think anyone with autism would be described as outgoing.

adiakatarina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2009, 7:51 pm

I was out for the last six months of my 8th year. I had a break down and I couldn't really be gotten off the couch. I was depressed, anxious, and going off some medication at the same time, and then I had surgery and then my grandpa died at home so they decided I could stay home for a while. I just read a lot and played Sims 2. It was a terribly productive year, lol. But I don't think it's so bad to take a break. I mean, some day others are going to have to accept that we are different from them and just let us be. But that may be a while off so we have to take a a few days off once in a while.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

Well... in middle school I wasn't there for about 50% of the time just because I hated it. And instead of going to a uni of some sort I'm home studying now. Books and stuff. I'm happier than ever.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2009, 12:43 am

got kicked out a month ago. not sure if im going to school ever again.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 12:50 am

from 9th grade on have been kind of in and out of school. I won't be going back now though. I'm 16.