Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 6:36 pm

I'm starting a new, temp-to-perm gig tomorrow morning, so I'm cramming, as though for an exam. I'll be ready this time.

alba wrote:
When I was homeless I learned the fine art of keeping a low profile, a skill which cannot be praised enough. Autistic children ought to be taught in kindergarten this very useful talent as their lives may well depend on it...
It never hurts to have a well developed sense of humor if you want to appear normal. I wonder if schools have seriously made an attempt to teach auties/aspies to have a sense of humor...
Check. I've done that low profile thing, and it helps somewhat. Humor, too.

sinsboldly wrote:
The supervisors and management don't want to mess with a work bully, either. I have found the website http://www.kickbully.com/main.html to be very helpful
Check. This link spells out the main part I've been missing all these years. I've seen all those tricks, and always had trouble believing they could be completely unconscious. My instincts were right all along, and the bastard is fully conscious and knows what he is doing. No need to pretend any more.

MemberSix wrote:
You'll usually find that if you hate someone (esp. a bully), most other people do too but don't want to challenge them for the same reasons as you. If the bully is getting in the way of you doing your job, you'll have to work around them until your work-arounds are challenged by your boss.
Check. I'm ready to believe that.

Eggman wrote:
Anger makes me stronger, I feed on rage.
That, too. I can't maintain it, but I can summon it if necessary.

alba wrote:
I think I may have veered off from the topic. Sorry. I find it difficult to stay on topic.
Not at all. The powers-that-be are the ones who are overly distractable, focusing on petty nonsense. Please feel free to rant about something that matters.