Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CharityG
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2008, 4:39 am

I just answered a mom on another discussion who had been left waiting w/ her little boy for 2 hours in a psychologists office. Reading her post about how this psychologist evaluated the child's behavior after his being forced to "cool his heels" in a waiting room for 2 hours - made me FURIOUS!

I set out many years ago to become the worst nightmare of every doctor who is not a good care-giver and respecter of his/her patients rights and feelings. I was a nurse a long time ago and had seen enough to make me decide to leave medicine. Since that time I have done a lot of reading and research on personality disorders. What I discovered was frightening!

People oriented professions attract antisocial personality disordered persons the same way that working with children attracts pedophiles. This is purely MY opinion... It is sad that control, manipulation and down right mean spirited treatment by such professionals using their authority and positions of power to feed their ego is permitted in these professions. It is also interesting that these professions are the very same ones that seem to provide protection for the perpetrators in the form of colleagues who refuse to be honest and get rid of the problem people. Nursing, doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, teachers, counselors, pastors and other church leaders, politicians... IF there is direct contact with people involved with some form of respect and authority,,, "Buyer Beware"! !!

Ahhhh got that off my chest. Has anyone else experienced this same kind of thing? I wonder because many of those on this site are vulnerable and may not realize that such people exist in the system.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 8:01 am

Yeah there are some people who do not care, I remember reading a post where someone said that there brother who works in helping people actualy thought that aspergers was just in people head as a way to get attention.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 8:06 am

I do personally know a doctor who is almost certainly a sociopath.

On sabbatical...

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 9:57 am

what did the boy do to prompt the response?

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 11:30 am

I think I caught the same post...personally I would have left before 2 hrs, and gave my reason as to why..my son is 9 and he's pretty patient, but he still would have been bouncing off the walls after that period of time.

I can relate to what you're saying. I've ran across a few that really made me stop in my tracks and wonder how they ever managed to continue in the profession that they chose as they had some obvious issues in dealing with people.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 12:06 pm

2 hours to calm down? I would've gone spare and gone crazy...

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 12:55 am

Ugh, I could rant on this subject for hours. Between the unnecessary tardiness and lack of time management on the part of many medical personnel; the condescending way that not enough information is given nor are requests or preferences heeded; the willingness to put people on drugs and through procedures are unnecessary and despite possibly quite detrimental effects; and a seeming obliviousness or apathy to what is often avoidable pain and discomfort even in simple tests that their patients feel, my faith in and respect for the medical profession has declined over the years... if it was ever high to begin with. I can tell some bad stories about experiences I had, but it could take hours to write them out here. Suffice to say the cure has often been as much a pain in the ass for me as the illness has.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:33 am

I know the feeling.

sitting in any professional's waiting room for two hours or more is unbelieveable. anything over half an hour at most is unreasonable; specially on a saturday morning.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:57 am

Doctors, teacher, etc. are either great or horrible although it seems more horrible ones are out there I suppose when all you care about is money, and power you don't care about others.