Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 11:59 am

I was diagnosed by a professional just last year, but never found a quiz. The film 'Musical' on autism triggered off another search on google. I found WP just 6 days ago.

Now I have left quite a few postings and read many, and after the initial euphoria of having found 'my planet' I am now lapsing into depression. I realise how hard it is, and how many symptons of mine, I thought were 'normal', and now I read they are aspie related. A gloom comes over me in so much that I find it hard to resume my activities (I can't continue to write my second book I was on, and don't resume my painting I had started).

I find life pointless, having to drag myself from morning to evening, thinking of a way to give meaning to my life, what are we here for, it is all sublimation and surrogate? I think to myself.

I drag my Nt partner into my depression. She surely thought WP was going to become another obsession and hates it that I hang out more on WP than talking to her.

How to get out of this depression?

Everything seems to go wrong...I don't find a publisher for my book, I don't sell a painting in Peru, I have no income and feel trapped in this country...no social contacts but my senior partner, with whom I live but am not in love with.

When I behave like that, sitting by myself on the sofa, clearly giving body language that says: 'Don't come near me. Leave me in my own bubble of sadness, don't want cuddles or consolation', she takes it so personal.
I wanted to kiss her goodnight, but she walked off to her bedroom before slamming the door and said: You have more time for your friends at WP. To which I said: Why do you take it so personal and act so emotional? I don't even have friends there yet!!

Last edited by Loborojo on 25 Aug 2008, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 12:18 pm

Welcome to WP Loborojo
Wrong Planet can get very addictive, I am having problems getting away from it, I am constantly reading posts, and procrastinating all my time away here, since I don't have any friends were I live. It might be a good thing that you realize after 6 days that this site can become a serious obsession, I need to get my life back, because I seem to be wasting it away being here.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:06 pm

yes. find a balance and dont overanalyze your life. i think you think too much. good luck with the book, sounds fascinating.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:42 pm

tomamil wrote:
i think you think too much.

I've done that for as long as I can remember

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

Yes, there is something about this site, I swear, I've tried to get away from it... the fact I have to go to the library for internet has helped, but I still come here at the library, hoping people don't notice the site I'm on, cause I'm sitting here shaking my leg like crazy and stuff already...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:59 pm

can you get her interested in any of the topics that you engage in on wp... but in conversation with her?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:06 pm

Sedaka wrote:
can you get her interested in any of the topics that you engage in on wp... but in conversation with her?

Ever since I found WP iI have read out a number of topics for her to understand. But I have been very outspoken about Nts by siding with aspies and she feels now that she is the outsider and feels our relationship is under threat...

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:11 pm

The diagnosis is not a death sentence, it's a release. It's been confirmed that this stuff you've thought was weird is actually quite common.

Stop coming on here as much and spend time with her. She is more important than we are. And if you know your body language is giving out that message, stop giving it out. Relax.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:18 pm

you're wiser than I was at 19, more mature. I can't help giving these signals, when I get upset I just rush to my room and close the door and don't wnat to hear any calls from her or anyone who want to come ans sweettalk me into coming out again and sit with them as if nothing happened. Very imature...

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:23 pm

If you know that you are doing these things, work to stop yourself doing them. [snip].

We can change. Things can get better. It can be hard, but you've got to put the work in and do it. And you can do it. There's no sense driving away someone who wants to help you feel better.

Does she know you're feeling all of this? Does she know much about the condition? Explain it to her, explain why it's hard for you. Let her know how you're feeling and even if she doens't understand, she can still comfort you and it'll help her understandy our behaviour more in the future too.

Last edited by JohnHopkins on 26 Aug 2008, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:30 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
KenM

who is he?

I am trying

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:42 pm

Loborojo wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

Ever since I found WP iI have read out a number of topics for her to understand. But I have been very outspoken about Nts by siding with aspies and she feels now that she is the outsider and feels our relationship is under threat...

well, you need to stop making her feel like an outsider... apply the thread topics to situations that would HELP her to know how to better interact with you.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:44 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
If you know that you are doing these things, work to stop yourself doing them. Don't listen to people like KenM talking about how miserable they are and how they can't change.

We can change. Things can get better. It can be hard, but you've got to put the work in and do it. And you can do it. There's no sense driving away someone who wants to help you feel better.

Does she know you're feeling all of this? Does she know much about the condition? Explain it to her, explain why it's hard for you. Let her know how you're feeling and even if she doens't understand, she can still comfort you and it'll help her understandy our behaviour more in the future too.

as mature as you are (lol) you seriously need to stop name calling... all you're dong is introducing needless drama...

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:56 pm

Sedaka wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:
If you know that you are doing these things, work to stop yourself doing them. Don't listen to people like KenM talking about how miserable they are and how they can't change.

as mature as you are (lol) you seriously need to stop name calling... all you're dong is introducing needless drama...

what do you mean by this??

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 6:00 pm

Loborojo wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:

what do you mean by this??

he called out negative qualities of another WP member (which is against terms of service for this site) for really no point other than to express is immature misgivings towards that member. by your post, you don't even know who this person is... which is why it's introducing needless drama.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 6:57 am

A fair point, and I withdraw that remark. But I stand by the rest of my post.