Playing with Lego's as an adult normal?

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ProtossX
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2008, 12:19 pm

Is that just normal or am I in some trouble?

I've not met anyone that still plays with there lego's at my age I don't know what this mean's I sometimes makeup crazy adventures for my Lego's and act out battles

is this ok? or am I too old to be doing this?

What do you guys think?

I don't feel good about doing it and never let other people watch me play with them but I still do it in my spare time while im alone and is this oK to be doing or should I get a life or growup or waht do u guys think

GUYS? girls? what do u think about playin with lego's at 24?

Jaysonlee4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2008, 12:30 pm

playing with legos is alot of fun. I love mine. Dont worry about it. If you like leggos, play with them.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2008, 12:32 pm

No problem if it gives you 'out time' to rearrange collect your mind together. I wd prefer Meccano, the gears, mechanism put it at another level - tho i can appreciate the appeal of the precise plastic blocks and the colours. Good for you!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 12:35 pm

Leggo is good, one of my favirout thing is figuring out paterns ot some kind of space age vehicle, I often like to create a couple of starwars like ships or even some sort of base.

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2008, 12:36 pm

Hey, that's a great idea. Will go and buy me some, didn't use them since I was a child and loved them.
You make up stories for them? Why, that's not different from what people like Tolkien did all their live.
Don't feel bad about having fantasy.
Maybe (maybe!) you can do it a bit more adult and use something like those robot stuff they have nowadays. Wish, they would have had those when I was a child. Or built more complex models than children do.

But no, there is nothing wrong about it.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 12:39 pm

Enjoy yourself! Playing with lego is fine pass-time.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 12:55 pm

i luv legos i still hold a dream of having my own house and one of the rooms is a permanent Lego City... it'll be a kick arse room on MTV Cribs...LOL

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:07 pm

I played with mine till my middle teens. School and wrestling took over, and now it's work. Very little time for legos unfortunately... :( I keep mine in hopes that I'll hit it rich and get to play with them when I want. :P

Simmian7, I've had a similar hope!

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about this, others may, but you are expressing creativity that you've kept into adulthood. Many, myself included, WISH they could do the same. Enjoy yourself mate!

I've parlayed my hand/eye dexterity and skills into wood work, building things is my passion. Perhaps you've done the same or something similar?

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:10 pm

ProtossX wrote:
Is that just normal or am I in some trouble?

You're normal, think of prototyping or 3D modelling, same thing with bits and bites instead of colored blocks. Artists get paid and proto-typers get paid to build stuff, what's the difference between lego's and wood working/furnishing? or building other things?

You're still buliding "playing" with stuff. It's ridiculous prejudicial crap, stop listening to society and do what you want, if you let the world dictate who you should be you're only going to end up driving yourself mad. People are idiots, they will criticize and complain about anything, that's just how people are, ignore it.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:11 pm

I just annalyzed my entire genome, and there is no gene that says stop playing with LEGOs at a specific event in my devolpmnt.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:19 pm

I Wish I love Legos I haved played with them in a long time.

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2008, 1:30 pm

I love legos, me and my best friend both play with them and I am 23 and she is 23!

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2008, 1:45 pm

I see nothing wrong with it. My husband acted excited when I bought my 2 year old some. We like to help him build things. We can use him as an excuse, but I see nothing wrong with enjoying something that isn't hurtful to anyone else! If someone picks on you tell 'em to f off :)

SpaceJunkie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2008, 1:45 pm

No worries on age and playing with toys :)

I am 43, Married, have 2 kids (One with AS just like me) and I have never stopped playing with and buying Legos (although now I mostly buy them for my son and we do them together). We have all the Lego Star Wars (because Star Wars is cool!!) and my Wife has all the Lego Harry Potter and Sponge Bob sets (she's 38) we also now have all the lego train stuff and are turning my old office into a lego train room and city room.

What is really cool is there are tons of folks who feel like you do about legos, they have blogs, and websites with pictures and stories surrounding thier Passion for legos. Having a passion for something is great :) So keep on connecting those blocks--- because I sure will :)

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:47 pm

Well, I don't actually still play with Lego's, but when I stopped asking for toys for christmas, I started buying my dad (who was probably AS) Lego's so he'd have something to build christmas morning.

He loved building lego's into his 60's.

As far as engaging in active play. It's not uncommon for an aspie. My own personal fantasy world was World of Warcraft, but it's essentially the same concept.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:54 pm

Right.. I agree with what everyone has said. And also in my opinion, so as long as whatever you are doing doesn't affect anyone else, then why not?? If it makes you happy then enjoy your legos!