Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2008, 1:28 pm

Alright, I am going to attempt to make a calmer post for Pokemon help since the previous one did make me sound like a whiny crybaby.

Now, I need constructing a good team for battle revolution. My Giratina team is struggling badly! Everytime I hit set 4 in stargazer colosseum or rank 8 in Main street, Crystal, or Magma Colosseum, this whole entire team turns into a bunch of loser sitting ducks, no matter how balanced I try to make it. Here is the current setup of my team:

Giratina

Shadow Force
Dragon Claw
Will-o-wisp
Double Team

Gengar

Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Lickilicky

Curse
Return
Swagger
Amnesia

Yanmega

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Detect
Substitute

Kingler

Crabhammer
Swords Dance
Endure
Flail

Hitmonchan

Focus Punch
Substitute
Earthquake
Stone Edge

I recently started over in PBR as well, because before I did, I got so frustrated with my repeated losses that I could not focus anymore. In other words, the frustration built up so much it ended up frying my concentration, and starting over helped me cool down a bit.

I know I have two ghosts on my team, and that isn't the best decision, but even when I put diverse types on the team, I still keep turning into a sitting duck. Also, I am very hesitant to get rid of Giratina because he is my absolute favorite pokemon, and is the only legendary I use.

Now, I do not want to see any posts denying my feelings when it comes to being defeated, such as "Lighten up, it's just a game."
Yes, I know it's just a game. I wasn't born yesterday. I am also sick and tired of seeing and hearing the words "it's just a game"
as well. I have heard those words repeatedly all my life, and in addition, I have also repeatedly heard the words, "Be a good sport." Well, sometimes, I HATE being a good sport, and being told to calm down or that it's just a game just makes me even more frustrated! Also, I have read various threads on this site where many of you complain about NTs dumbing down your feelings, yet, telling me, an aspie, that "it's just a game" is just as similar. Conversation is a two-way street, people!!

I work really hard to be nice to people, not just on this board, but everywhere else in life. SO, for just once, I would appreciate some help here and there. Right now, I need help improving a Pokemon team, and if you have something helpful to post, great, but if you have something condescending or destructful to post, then do not post at all, or at least try to edit the post to make it look more sincere. I am not NT, and I have my quirks, and unfortunately, struggling to get over a loss is one of them. How about all the other people here who ask for help in their games? I never see any of you telling them it's just a game.

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. :P

Last edited by Stereokid on 25 Aug 2008, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

Almost forgot, here's what I'm thinking of doing to improve my team:

Giratina

Dragon Claw
Protect
Psych Up
Will-o-wisp

Clefable

Belly Drum(giratina and a few others can copy the increased attack with psych up)
Cosmic Power(same as above)
Protect (to scout attacks)
Follow Me/Sing/Sweet Kiss/Flamethrower/Double Team/Calm Mind

Honchkrow

Night Slash
Psych Up
Fly
Nasty Plot

Spiritomb

Protect
Double Team
Spite
Calm Mind

Golduck

Hydro Pump
Psych Up
Psychic
Disable

Rotom

Psych Up
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

What do you guys think of these improvements

Jaysonlee4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

I would like to help but like you Im not really sure what you can do to improve your team as the lineup doesnt look bad to me.

-"It's not that I want to kill Lois...It's just.....:sigh: I want her not to be alive,,,anymore." Stewie Griffin-

NT's are people too...well some of them.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2008, 10:03 pm

Jaysonlee4 wrote:
I would like to help but like you Im not really sure what you can do to improve your team as the lineup doesnt look bad to me.

The reason why I need help is because I keep getting crushed in stargazer colosseum and sometimes traditional rank 8 battles. Also, when I lose a battle that I expected to win, I feel like there are voices in my head teasing me constantly, saying stuff like< "Be happy that you lost," "Be a good sport," and my most hated phrase, "It's just a game."

These losses are not just once in a while as well. They have been constant. And I am definitely not a complete idiot noob at this game. If I were, this giratina team would have all legendaries, and their movesets would definitely not be as good.

Jaysonlee4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2008, 12:24 am

I dont think that your an idiot or a loser at all. Maybe your just having a bad run. Happens to everyone. I have had the same problem with hearing that kinda stuff in my head to. The best thing to do is not be hard on yourself. Take your time and ignore that stuff in your head as much as possible. You'll start winning again. You just need to not let the stuff in your head bother you. I know....Easier said than done. But you can do it.

-"It's not that I want to kill Lois...It's just.....:sigh: I want her not to be alive,,,anymore." Stewie Griffin-

NT's are people too...well some of them.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 12:55 am

Stereokid wrote:
Alright, I am going to attempt to make a calmer post for Pokemon help since the previous one did make me sound like a whiny crybaby.

The only ones I even know in that list are Gengar and Hitmonchan...

Does that make me old?

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

Kingler was one of the original ones too (I think).

Not that good at making good teams, sorry.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 11:31 am

Alright, I think I have my mind made up on 4 of the Pokemon I will use on this Giratina team:

Giratina

Shadow Force
Protect
Will-o-wisp
Dragon Claw

Weezing

Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Haze
Fire Blast

Slaking

Return
Yawn
Faint Attack
Focus Punch

Hypno/Bronzong

Calm Mind
Future Sight
Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock
Skill Swap (For Slaking)

I need some help deciding which POkemon to fill the last two slots, and whether I should use Bronzong or Hypno as a special wall.
Giratina is going to be a general purpose annoyer, while Weezing is my physical wall and used to counter Heracross and other fighting types that use attacks that destroy psychics (Megahorn, Faint Attack, Payback, Dark Pulse, etc).

The thing that gets on my nerves, however, is when the opponent gangs up on one of my support Pokemon, such as ganging up on Hypno when his purpose is to use skill swap on Slaking (hasn't happened yet, as these Pokemon are still in training, with the exception of Slaking and Giratina).

Anyways, I need suggestions here on what to improve, and which Pokemon should fill the last two slots. Here are the team's types:

Giratina: Ghost/Dragon
Weezing: Poison
Slaking: Normal
Hypno: Psychic
?????: ???
?????: ???

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 11:31 am

Double posted by mistake.

Last edited by Stereokid on 27 Aug 2008, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 11:32 am

Also, this team is going to be used for double battles, otherwise, Slaking would not be on here.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 12:57 pm

What is your starting pokemon??? Also have you given your pokemon any good items to hold or given them vitamins lately???

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 7:03 pm

Giratina@leftovers

Weezing@Black Sludge

Slaking@???

Hypno@sitrus berry

Skarmory@???

?????@???

What do you mean what is my starting Pokemon? If you mean which Pokemon I started with in Diamond, I started with Chimchar.
If you mean in this team, my starting pokemon is undecided. I usually try to pick my starting pokemon depending on what my opponent uses or is going to use.