Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2008, 11:01 am

I really like Ponce (the Downs Syndrome guy who stars in this clip). He does have Downs Syndrome but is obviously quite smart and funny, he's a better actor than I can usually get to act in my films too!

I think him doing what he does pokes fun at peoples concept of what he is. If you watch other videos in the series, there are plenty of videos about his condition or his "retardedness" that are obviously jokes about what people think it means to have Downs Syndrome.

That's the way I take this video too. Some people (very few, but some) when hearing the word Asperger's, make comments like, "so do burgers come out of your ass?" This clip shows how stupid that is. It has its tongue planted firmly in its cheek and says, if you think of people with AS like this, then you're as dumb as this video!

I recommend watching their old clip "The Trouble with Syndromes" as it really smashes through the whole preconceived ideas wall. It takes on the stereotypes of both Downs and Tourettes syndromes.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2008, 11:06 am

I saw that....not my favorite ret*d Policeman episode. I thought it was kind of sick, I loathe scat humor.

I'm a regular viewer of ret*d Policeman, some of his other episodes are downright hilarious.

"Strangers are like poop, if you mess with them, you'll stink." -Stuart Larkin

"I'm a people person." - Azula

archdude
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2008, 4:46 pm

I find this pretty stupid, but I have to agree with those who said there's nothing particularly offensive to people with AS. It's just a pun on the name of the condition. I would hope no one who watches it is stupid enough to think it has anything to do with the real condition.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2008, 6:46 pm

That was funny

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 6:22 am

Ha-ha the funniest part is when they trained the ret*d guy to be a policeman! :D

Maybe this vid is more of a rag on cops than it is on wee-tawd-id people. :wink:

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

Haha I thought it was funny, I laughed a lot. :lol:

(But still happy not to be an American - no offense.) :wink:

PolarFelidae
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2008, 12:15 am

I don't understand what was funny about the video, otherwise I don't feel too much about it.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2008, 2:35 pm

The video was not making fun of the disorder itself it was making fun of the name. It was sick and funny at the same time, don't take it too seriously though.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 6:13 am

Unknown_Quantity wrote:
Some people (very few, but some) when hearing the word Asperger's, make comments like, "so do burgers come out of your ass?" This clip shows how stupid that is. It has its tongue planted firmly in its cheek and says, if you think of people with AS like this, then you're as dumb as this video!

I wonder what those people ask people with Down's syndrome about?
If they feel a bit down? or something? :?

14 Oct 2008, 12:30 pm

AnnePande wrote:
Unknown_Quantity wrote:
Some people (very few, but some) when hearing the word Asperger's, make comments like, "so do burgers come out of your ass?" This clip shows how stupid that is. It has its tongue planted firmly in its cheek and says, if you think of people with AS like this, then you're as dumb as this video!

I wonder what those people ask people with Down's syndrome about?
If they feel a bit down? or something? :?

They should do a joke about that. Have the cop say he has Down's syndrome because he is down all the time and he pulls these people over because he wants them to cheer him up.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:33 pm

I dunno, DS kids seem pretty merry to me.