Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 11:34 am

As a child I had a recurring dream about a giant lion with big claws and teeth that would chase me down, my legs quickly became like jello and I fell in the street where the curb I was trying to grab hold of began to loom tall as a building. I always woke just before the lion would strike me, in a sweat.

As an adult my dreams are very interesting and involved. Most times I have pleasant or interesting dreams but a recurring dream I do sometimes have is being in a crowded public place where there are open shops and cafe' where people are seated or standing and I'm completely bare without clothes and trying desperately to seek cover or shelter. I think it signifies those times when I feel particularly vulnerable.

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2008, 11:35 am

My dreams are random, and silly :lol: Often fictional characters from all sorts of books mingle with real characters (last night, I had a dream where characters from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series were my friends :lol: ). But one odd thing is that they're often divided into parts, so my dreams tell one story over a week or two. Last night's dream which I mentioned was only part of a series which has been going on since Monday. Then again, sometimes I have much darker dreams, and sometimes they change from silly to sadistic abruptly :roll:

But I can not remember ever having recurring dreams where I have the same dream again and again.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 11:37 am

My major recurring dreams:

1. I'm in school, and I've forgotten something important
    2. I move out of my house to someplace more spacious
    3. I'm trapped in public place without pants
    4. Some kind of trouble controlling my bladder, especially someplace public
    5. I unintentionally commit some sort of offense that causes people to be mad at and/or chase me
    6. I see someone I'm attracted to but either I can't talk to them or I can't impress them (I almost did once, but my brother woke me with the TV in the other room :roll:)
    7. I'm somehow in the air and then I start falling - or I'm in really deep water and start sinking

1. This has become more prominent over the past few years, when I've started to obsess about school more. They prevail a few weeks after school lets out and return a few weeks before I go back.
2. I never liked the house I currently live in, since I was four. I felt like it was too small, and my parents worked to get rid of the shag carpet and the white walls that I loved about the house when I moved in. Sometimes I dream I've returned to my old house. Other times I dream about moving someplace larger with a great view, like of an ocean or a big valley.
3. I think this relates to my body image.
4. I don't know what this could be...although I tended to hold it in for a long time (especially after I first saw the bathroom freshman year).
5. I'm pretty insecure around people, because a lot of times I've made them mad at me without meaning to.
6. I never really had these before this year - probably because I was really stressed about it, on top of the school work and my general social ineptitude.
7. No idea.

I've had dreams about sex before - always heavy, humid, and unpleasant. :?

Last edited by DejaQ on 27 Aug 2008, 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2008, 11:40 am

Does anyone often get night terrors...technically they are not dreams but throughout my life i have been plagued by night terrors...usually just after watching some kind of horror movie...

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 1:37 pm

Not so long ago I used to have two types of reocurring dreams:

- about my old high school for few years after I graduated but in my dreams it was dark there, the school had a whole lot of hidden rooms and generally looked like a mansion that could belong to the Addams family or someone like that.

- about travelling where the mean of transport used by me was almost always an ordinary bus, nothing special but I had a feeling of such freedom in those dreams.

But I stopped having both those series of dreams maybe about half a year ago. Now I often dream about my grandparents' old farm and about exploring some gorgeous landscapes: mountains, rivers.

Recently I also happen to have dreams about class I used to teach. For the last few months I used to forget practically all my dreams but several last nights brought me some interesting and really realistic ones: in one of them for example I was a gay man in a pub for such people and this night I was dreaming that I was having two cats. Two untypical cats, special needs cats, I would say - one of them was totally flat as if it had just experienced a close encounter of the third kind with a steamroller (but it was alive), the other one was a victim of an accident during which its tail and one of its legs were cut off.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 10:05 pm

Sorry to come in so late.

Quote:
Dreams where an airplane crashes into the ground near me. I am never injured, but I witness airplane crashes regularly in dreams. I know in the dreams that I witness crashes very frequently - I remember the other "crashes" in the dreams.

I dream, with regular frequency, that a plane I am riding on is operated by an incompetent pilot who flies it into a building. Or the plane falls out of the sky, and into a building. I have been dreaming this since well before September 11, 2001. I inevitably survive the crash. As a matter of fact, everyone does, but it is a matter of fascination.

I drive by an airport every day. I am surprised I don't get into more automobile accidents because every time I see a plane, I watch it intently to see if it starts to falter...

DJDizzy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2008, 10:51 pm

i often dream that i am trapped somewhere, might be on a road, in a collapsing house or something else
and i have very restricted/slow movement and no voice, even though i see people near me in the dreams, they dont seem to notice me.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 11:31 pm

patternist wrote:
I drive by an airport every day. I am surprised I don't get into more automobile accidents because every time I see a plane, I watch it intently to see if it starts to falter...

When I see a plane I watch it to see what kind of plane it is. :)

(I live near an airport but it's a boring little regional airport. It pretty much only gets one airline, so I see a lot of Southwest 737s.)