Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

I'm installing XP service pack 3.

Will it work? Or will this be the end of windows for me?

More than likely its the last time I buy windows from microsoft(for myself) in anycase. I'm drifting away from the little bit of gaming that I do.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 5:00 pm

I have XP 3 running and it is very stable. It installed on my laptop (old P4) no probs and everythng works.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2008, 7:04 pm

A while ago I kept getting these messages about an update every time I opened my laptop. Then I'd try to get the update, which was Service Pack 3, they'd go through this whole long process of inspecting my computer and (supposedly) evaluating how much space I had, after that they'd start the update, only to say I didn't have enough space. This happened several times. I got rid of all the programs I don't need, untangled my files, etc. but they still said I didn't have enough room. But that annoying notice kept popping up all the time- ''Updates are ready blablabla...'' They just stopped recently. So, people, what am I missing? How great is this Service Pack 3? I seem to be doing okay without it!

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 7:18 pm

Seems ok so far.