Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:19 pm

I talked to the Disability Support Services person at my school, and she said she couldn't change the time of the group. And The philosophy lab was only offered at that time.

So my chances of meeting other Aspies is zero, because the support group and classes might be the only times these people leave their dorms or apartments.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 9:49 am

If it means that much to you, I think you should drop the course. You may be able to take it during the summer, and even if you cannot graduate on time, does that matter too much? You said the main reason for your transfer was for the support group.

If it will make you happy, go for it. You should spend an extra semester having an good time and being happy then to graduate on time and be unhappy due to loneliness.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 11:08 am

Phagocyte wrote:
If it means that much to you, I think you should drop the course. You may be able to take it during the summer, and even if you cannot graduate on time, does that matter too much? You said the main reason for your transfer was for the support group.

If it will make you happy, go for it. You should spend an extra semester having an good time and being happy then to graduate on time and be unhappy due to loneliness.

The support services person suggested that I discuss things with my philosophy professor regarding lab time. I, personally, cannot figure out why a liberal arts class would have a "lab" anyway.

I talked to my mom about it, and she suggested looking into the possibility that the support group has special activities outside of the actual group meetings. I realize that not all Aspies are the same regarding comfort zones, but what if the people in the group are the types of people who don't leave their dorms or apartments other than for classes and the support group?

And if there are female Aspies there, they would still have to be single, liberal, etc.

And if I drop any of my courses, I will lose housing and financial aid.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 1:25 pm

I was able to negotiate something with my professor, and it looks like I can go to the support group tomorrow.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 11:23 am

The support group was a disaster. There was only one female Aspie at the group, and I found out she was already in a relationship.

So moving to San Marcos was a complete waste of time and money. I should have stayed in Wichita Falls.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 4:22 pm

But I think that you're looking at it the wrong way. A very small part of the population has AS, so the notion of finding a romantic companion at one support group meeting is rather slim. However, just the fact that your new university has a support group for those with AS is what matters - it's a meeting place for a select few, and I am sure that more will join. Is this support group well-publicized around campus so other people with AS are aware that the have a refuge? If not, you should treat it as a campus club or organization and spread the word a little.

And, as I said before, you're obviously a smart guy with a lot of interests and a solid career plan, things that [mature] NT people appreciate as well as AS, so while there's nothing wrong with preferring an AS woman, don't limit your options. You're a good guy, give it time.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:16 pm

Even though I am close to Austin and San Antonio, there are no single, female liberal Aspies in those cities, either.

The reason I don't date NTs is because they are obsessed with social status. I was on OKCupid the other day, and there was one woman who would only date guys with college degrees, a 6-figure income, and who shopped at Central Market (a really upscale grocery store in Austin).

I seriously doubt that an Aspie would have those rules when dating.

And this is with the only criteria being that she has to be an Aspie. This is WITHOUT the liberal, South Park, etc. criteria.

chever
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 3:02 am

There are plenty of 'neurotypical' women who aren't gold-diggers.

I can't control your actions but I'd say you're limiting yourself too much

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2008, 12:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Central Market (a really upscale grocery store in Austin).

well... central market does have really exceptional chocolate cheesecake. and chicken salad. and buttery crossaints... OH MY GOSH i miss austin now because central market really was the holy grail of grocery stores...

anyway. that could mean she just really likes yummy food.

instead of grouping all girls who like money into golddiggers, why not find out what they want money for? i mean, i like money. who doesn't? if i was rich though, i wouldn't buy a bunch of stupid clothes and stuff, i just don't like to be homeless or stressed about money, so having some would be nice.

Tim_Tex wrote:
I seriously doubt that an Aspie would have those rules when dating.

um... you do realize this is a very ironic and funny thing to say since YOU DO!! ! college degree, shops at central market... liberal, likes south park...

can you not SEE the similarity there??????

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 12:34 pm

What I am saying is that there is a difference between being a full-time student and being lazy, but it's like these people won't bother to differentiate between the two.

And this was without the other criteria--this was as if being an Aspie were the only criteria.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:13 pm

I am planning to transfer to another college where there is a guarantee that there will be a liberal female Aspie who is single.

There aren't any in Austin or San Antonio. All female Aspies within 100 miles of me are already in relationships.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:25 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am planning to transfer to another college where there is a guarantee that there will be a liberal female Aspie who is single.

There aren't any in Austin or San Antonio. All female Aspies within 100 miles of me are already in relationships.

Are you going to finish up the semester first?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 2:32 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Are you going to finish up the semester first?

Of course.