A lousy way to introduce myself, but...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ScottyFresh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2005, 3:23 pm

Hey everybody. My name is Scott, I'm 23, a musician, and I'm an undiagnosed aspie. My parents said they always knew I was "different" growing up, but I finally got a reason why a few years ago and didn't think too much of it until recently when my therapist said it's way more than a possibility (diagnosis pending). And I'll be frank, it scares me.

The wierd thing is, I wasn't always this bad, and it seems like the symptoms have gotten worse. It feels like I'm more aware of my detatchment now. It's causing huge problems with my girlfriend, distancing me from my bandmates, family, and sending me off into my own little world.

Is it possible for symptoms to worsen over time or could I just be thinking about it way too much?

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 3:28 pm

Hi Scotty & welcome!

Seeing a theraphist can sometimes make you self reflect, ponder yourself, analyze and however else you want to put it too much (from what Ive found).

(That doesnt mean dont see your theraphist. Just means atleast in me I've noticed whenever I see one that happens... Which sucks cause Im already like that already they just magnify it for myself.)