Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

thedarkpassenger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2008, 11:55 pm

I can't stand loud talkers. They are just so obnoxious. They may as well hold a big sign that says LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, HEAR ME TALK, I"M UNIQUE AND INTERESTNIG~

Am i alone?

I just want to pull their heads off!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2008, 2:19 am

I can't stand them either. :x

Those who know, don't speak.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2008, 1:13 pm

I hate loud noises in general unless I'm listening to music or at the theater

unless its from a distance or something..

one thing i despise is people honking their horns at me for no reason, it freaks me out and sometimes i twitch or give a startle.. i HATE them why do they do itt! :x

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
one thing i despise is people honking their horns at me for no reason...

That always baffles me :?

I had a lady honk at me once, and I looked at her, and she was staring straight up into the clouds...literally o_O

Erm...sorry to go off topic ;)

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2008, 2:02 pm

it drives me crazy

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2008, 2:57 pm

i think i have a loud voice. but if you think the loud talkers your on about is bad... well... i once knew a guy who's voice litrally thudded off the walls. it wasn't his fault. he tried to talk as quite as possible but he had a naturally loud voice. he was ridiculously high too! when i was a kid i thought i was talking with a giant! sometimes i couldn't understand what he was saying. i feel sorry for him. i truly do. although i can't say i have the same problem. i hate people who talk over someone, but thats a little different im guessing

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2008, 5:42 pm

I'm a loud talker. :oops:

I just talk louder than is appropriate in some circumstances. It's something I've always had a hard time with. I'm also deaf in my left ear, and have reduced hearing in the other. That is part of why I suppose.

Maybe some of these people just can't assess a social situation very well, or their emotions get the better of them, or they actually can't hear well. All three apply to me. So I look more obnoxious than I actually am.

I know I annoy people with it, and it has created some pretty red faced moments for me in a class room setting especially.

Sometimes there may be more to it than you might think than sheer look-at-me-belligerence.

Just a thought.

-Walt Whitman

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 3:17 am

yep.

that annoys me. the whole shout instead of talk thing. when people do it on purpose.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 5:54 am

Normally I'm not a loud talker, but if you get me on a pet Aspies subject then be prepared to be deluged in a thousand words a minute at high volume :wink: Ah the terror in people's eye when I go off on a pet subject. :lol:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 6:36 am

I think at times I can lose the volume control but usualy I have had a problem with others taling over me, someone starts talking and I go quite. But I am trying to stop it now, in fact I punched my brother in the stomache cause he kept doing it, he also tends to tell people they are skeaking to loud just to piss them off.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 12:52 pm

Loud talkers annoy me. Loud, abrupt noises can really overload me. In both cases I have had to leave the area where it was happening and find a quiet location to "re-collect" myself.