Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

chever
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:59 am

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Well I still have to disagree while I respect your opinion.. dividing and doing what seems right to each group seems natural to me.. there are different races and different cultures.. where does unification begin and equalization end? I dont believe in equality I believe in individuality :)

I believe in slave labor camps

Psimulus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2008, 3:01 am

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Psimulus wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Oh, Me too! But that won't come from uniting the world, unless there were an invasion of aliens or something.. or unless we were all slaves.. the latter being more likely.

I humbly disagree. How can we live peacefully among the stars if we can not live peacefully on this Earth? People can disagree yet still live in peace. It is what we hold in common that is most important, not our differences. Though our differences are important as well. Imagine if you will, for example, nation states divided in the sense of libertarian pursuits, though united in the persuit of the common good. I personally advocate the decriminilization of marijuana. Now imagine that in one state marijuana is legal, yet in another it is not, perhaps "gay marriage" is the libertarian persuit. Basicly if you do not subscribe to the state of things, you will have options. Of course until we meet our energy needs their will probably be conflict. And even then, some will persue the negative. I believe unification is inevitable. Perhaps then we can get off this planet and begin this age of exploration ive been hearing about. :)

Well I still have to disagree while I respect your opinion.. dividing and doing what seems right to each group seems natural to me.. there are different races and different cultures.. where does unification begin and equalization end? I dont believe in equality I believe in individuality :)

I believe we can have both.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 7:31 am

individuality is crap. you cant fight an army all alone.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 7:34 am

You're not supposed to put your hand over your heart for the National Anthem. Fail.

Psimulus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2008, 10:19 am

http://www.kucinich.us/

Hes looking for 1,000,000 signatures by the eve of September 11th. One thing I think many of can agree upon is the erosion of our civil liberties. Please sign the petition to impeach on the grounds of abuses of power and failure to defend our constitution. Thank you.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:54 am

oscuria wrote:
individuality is crap. you cant fight an army all alone.

what does that have to do with anything?.. that is a real grey area.. grey areas will always occur.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 7:29 pm

[quote]Hmmm. . you people are tricky!

That is an understatement. :roll:

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:09 pm

Orwell wrote:
No one said anything about conspiracy theories on this thread. So Obama committed a faux pas. Who the hell cares? I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I don't see that incident as a big deal. Morals? Not everyone shares your views on those issues. I don't care about his supporters. Besides, the 60's were a messed-up time in US history.

Uhmm yeah the 60's were definately a messed up time.. but I like your choice of wording.. by messed up you mean politically supressive, right?.. that's what it was. The peace movement was right, and would have worked if peace was not a threat to power.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:18 pm

This is so pointless. I can't believe people make such a big deal out of the pettiest trivialities; these are the same people who prattle on and on about Janet Jackson's nipple.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 8:48 pm

Delirium wrote:
You're not supposed to put your hand over your heart for the National Anthem. Fail.

According to usflag.org:

http://usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

Quote:
The Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem
The pledge of allegiance should be rendered by standing at attention, facing the flag, and saluting.
When the national anthem is played or sung, citizens should stand at attention and salute at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the music

The Salute
To salute, all persons come to attention. Those in uniform give the appropriate formal salute. Citizens not in uniform salute by placing their right hand over the heart and men with head cover should remove it and hold it to left shoulder, hand over the heart. Members of organizations in formation salute upon command of the person in charge.

chever
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:28 am

Phagocyte wrote:
This is so pointless. I can't believe people make such a big deal out of the pettiest trivialities; these are the same people who prattle on and on about Janet Jackson's nipple.

Quoted.

Psimulus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2008, 2:42 pm

Phagocyte wrote:

It seems to me that that you are the one prattling on about that. Just an observation. :)

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:23 pm

claire333 wrote:
Delirium wrote:

According to usflag.org:

http://usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

Quote:
The Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem
The pledge of allegiance should be rendered by standing at attention, facing the flag, and saluting.
When the national anthem is played or sung, citizens should stand at attention and salute at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the music

The Salute
To salute, all persons come to attention. Those in uniform give the appropriate formal salute. Citizens not in uniform salute by placing their right hand over the heart and men with head cover should remove it and hold it to left shoulder, hand over the heart. Members of organizations in formation salute upon command of the person in charge.

:salut: