Nice Guys and Love, what's your take on the issue

Page 76 of 78 [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
id love to see an 82page thread that attacked women as bluntly as is happening here.

very convenient for you to have missed the attacks on "ugly" women on that exact same page. why is one worth commenting on but not the other? if you consider one an attack then you have to consider the other one the same way.

its not convenient because its unrelated. Many men are attacked for being ugly. Hell its almost culturally standardized that men are hairy fat stupid smelly blobs sitting watching TV.

As opposed to women, who DON'T EXIST after 35, and not at all if they're fat or plain, let alone "ugly".
Wanna talk about which "cultural standardization" is more unfair?

dont exist after 35? Theres entire shows based on women 40-60.

Right, as opposed to shows with men 40-60. Which is...almost every show.
MXH wrote:
Hell just about every major tv show in the past 30 years had a woman over 35 which was the wise barrel of laughs. but its nice to see how thats conveniently forgotten

*A* woman? My, my. We're gettin' progressive.

And if theres men 40-60 theres also women 40-60. it quite simple actually :lol:

ohh looky there, missing the point in hopes of continuing to bash hopelessly. you go girl :roll:

There aren't really that many aging men in Sex and the City... plenty of 40- and 50-something women who act like metrosexual men, though.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
id love to see an 82page thread that attacked women as bluntly as is happening here.

very convenient for you to have missed the attacks on "ugly" women on that exact same page. why is one worth commenting on but not the other? if you consider one an attack then you have to consider the other one the same way.

its not convenient because its unrelated. Many men are attacked for being ugly. Hell its almost culturally standardized that men are hairy fat stupid smelly blobs sitting watching TV. Now any thread which has females manipulating men seems to not die out as soon as men manipulating women.

But back to the point, why miss attacks on ugly women? Because its irrelevant to everything and is done to men too. Why keep bringing up the same point that its more openly acceptable to attack men than women? Because someone has to.

it doesn't matter if it is related to the topic if it is an attack as well. don't bother to try to point out your opinions about a site bias in a way that exposes your own bias, because you will not be taken seriously. you have to be unbiased first of all.

lol. It matters completely if its something offtopic, especially as its something done to both. Considering i am unbiased and battle for true equality (you know like telling women to stop playing mind games and ask men out, telling men to actually work toward finding mates, etc) unlike most around here who stride for their own gender or blindly follow the other in hopes of being liked. That is honestly the dumbest standard ive heard. Attacking ugly people is something thats done for BOTH genders OFTEN. Hence no need to even look into it.

no, you are very biased, hence why you seem to have such issues with women on the site and only point out attacks towards men (whilst simultaneously attacking women, i might add).

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

MXH wrote:

If ONLY popular media had enforced quotas so that equal numbers of different age groups were represented. But alas...we do not live in fairyland.

MXH wrote:
ohh looky there, missing the point in hopes of continuing to bash hopelessly. you go girl :roll:

ROFL!! !

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

Kurgan wrote:

There aren't really that many aging men in Sex and the City... plenty of 40- and 50-something women who act like metrosexual men, though.

Dude, no one minds if you watch Sex and the City. Really.
But shows that were canceled EIGHT YEARS AGO aren't the best examples to bring up.

to his Interest."

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
no, you are very biased, hence why you seem to have such issues with women on the site and only point out attacks towards men (whilst simultaneously attacking women, i might add).

Nope, you on the other hand have a clear bias. Not as grave as others, but large enough to be noticed by many. Me attacking women that do things to men i dont agree with is not being biased, its standing up for people that dont want to because people like you will do things like this to them. Its like pretending to not defend yourself if a woman is attacking you violently because "you dont hit girls". She stopped being a girl when she attacks you.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

But shows that were canceled EIGHT YEARS AGO aren't the best examples to bring up.

Its a show from eight years ago, meaning that eight years ago we had already dropped this BS. And then theres the silly movies.

Also, good personal attack there. Betcha no mods see that one.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:11 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:

If ONLY popular media had enforced quotas so that equal numbers of different age groups were represented. But alas...we do not live in fairyland.

actually they do...

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:12 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

The most recent movie is two years old. I don't watch the show, but both Kim Cathrall, Sarah Jessica Parker and the rest of them are well past 35.

It's the same way with Desperate Housewives.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Nope, you on the other hand have a clear bias. Not as grave as others, but large enough to be noticed by many. Me attacking women that do things to men i dont agree with is not being biased, its standing up for people that dont want to because people like you will do things like this to them. Its like pretending to not defend yourself if a woman is attacking you violently because "you dont hit girls". She stopped being a girl when she attacks you.

you are being biased because you usually do not attack men that you disagree with to the degree that you attack women. there were a few cases of men that you disagreed with vehemently and thus attacked, but that was a long time ago. now you seem to target female members and try to make it appear like you are creating a counterbalance, when in fact you are extremely one-sided in your anger.

i don't attack either men or women. if you feel my moderation is unbalanced, talk to other moderators when you see an issue that needs addressing. many of them are male, so perhaps you will be more likely to agree with their opinions (even if their opinions align with mine, you'll probably have an easier time listening to them).

now, i am done engaging you on the forums because your aim appears to be to disagree with me regardless of what i am saying. that has gotten old.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

whatever you want to believe to let yourself sleep at night

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:47 am

MXH wrote:
whatever you want to believe to let yourself sleep at night

touched a nerve, did she?

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:50 pm

MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:

actually they do...

Um...what?

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Kurgan wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

The most recent movie is two years old. I don't watch the show, but both Kim Cathrall, Sarah Jessica Parker and the rest of them are well past 35.

I just had/have no idea why you randomly start talking about Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives.

The point being made was that age renders women invisible in mainstream media.
Pointing out this or that show as an exception when every OTHER show doesn't need a special premise to show aging men is hardly a refutation.

to his Interest."

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm

Newsflash to all of the men out there: A lot of women DO NOT LIKE 'Sex and the City' or 'Desperate Housewives,' both of which were created by men. Neither are representative of women's lives, women's views, or women's desires. OK? Can you please let off of the idea that ONE or TWO shows, out of the ENTIRE panoply of thousands of TV shows out there, somehow make up for the pervasive sexism of the rest of it (and both of which contain a whole lot of sexism as well)?

Gods, I am so effing tired of 'Sex and the City, Sex and the City, Sex and the City, why aren't women satisfied?!'

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

I just had/have no idea why you randomly start talking about Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives.

The point being made was that age renders women invisible in mainstream media.
Pointing out this or that show as an exception when every OTHER show doesn't need a special premise to show aging men is hardly a refutation.

Women hit menopause and will thus reach a decline in physical attractiveness before men.

There are plenty of sitcoms where the 40-something bumbling dad also has a 40-something wife.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:22 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
MXH wrote:

actually they do...

Um...what?

The character's name is Token Black.