McCain Campaign: Palin's 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 4:38 pm

Nan wrote:

Quote:
And all of this personal information about someone who is NOT a public person (i.e., the daughter) is news why? This is a family matter, not grist for the tabloids.

I agree with you completely as long as we can assume that during this campaign we're not going to see any rocks being thrown by the “neo-cons” formally known as the “moral majority” since, apparently, they live in glass houses.

Yeah..., right..., sure.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:14 pm

Wiggles wrote:
Eggman wrote:
I...just...cant care...about...other peaples....reproductive activities!

The world would probably be a better place if more people listened to this wisdom. :wink:

Yes, but some concerned, we all just found out that conservatives polititians can't handle their promiscuous children, how will they be able to handle an entire country? ;)

Wiggles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2008, 8:36 pm

greenblue wrote:
Yes, but some concerned, we all just found out that conservatives polititians can't handle their promiscuous children, how will they be able to handle an entire country? ;)

If we can find anyone who can handle their promiscuous children, well, that's a person I'd want to vote for. If they could prove they weren't using some kind of freaky mind control, that is. (Y'know, like they would have to be doing.)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:33 pm

Are you trying to gain votes for McCain? :P

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:34 pm

greenblue wrote:
Are you trying to get votes for McCain? :P

I thought that is why McCain chose her in the first place

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:50 pm

Jeez, you people should really stop using jenkem. You're all becoming ret*d...and beginning to smell.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:22 pm

oscuria wrote:
Jeez, you people should really stop using jenkem. You're all becoming ret*d...and beginning to smell.

too late, I was 'ret*d' from birth, honey, and I got the DX to prove it.

Merle

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:27 pm

oscuria wrote:

Smell like what?
I can't smell anyone from here.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:47 pm

sinsboldly wrote:

That is so a pellet gun, you can see the hinge at the front of the forend where it swings down to pump. I think I have that same model, it's some version of a Daisy, I got one for my twelfth birthday.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:05 am

now. .behave yourself, Dox. . .I know this is going to affect you greatly.
Don't say I wasn't ever nice to you, OK? Don't you think her glasses are rather dangerous behind the recoil? But the gold earring is a nice touch.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:59 am

Wiggles wrote:
You may have noticed the phenomenon of hugely complex conspiracy theories emerging about a person almost immediately after they enter public view. Which seems more likely: being a public figure is somehow correlated to having a shady past, or that people are desperately looking for anything they can find to make the person look bad and will resort to anything to find it?

I find this trend to be quite disturbing... it's as if entering the public eye somehow gives complete strangers the right not only to judge someone, but to accuse them of despicable crimes without so much as a speck of evidence...

Well, if the worst thing you can say about this woman is that she took a plane ride after her water broke, or that her 17 year old daughter got pregnant, I'd say the democrats have a whole lot of worrying to do...

Plus, if they're not careful, they might and up alienating people who might otherwise have given them their vote...

I'm sure there are plenty of democrats who have children who aren't perfect, who would be offended at the notion that Sarah Palin is somehow less responsible because it happened to her...

As for accusing Ms. Palin of attempted murder, based solely on speculation, I find that behavior to be despicable. You don't go around hurling felony accusations at people without proof. The more serious the crime, the higher standard the proof should meet. If I were to call Barack Obama a murderer solely because there was a murder in Chicago and the witnesses said the murderer was a black man about the same height and weight as Obama, I'm sure that all these people calling Sarah Palin a criminal would cry foul as loud as they could.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 1:00 am

Topic: McCain ..... Is Pregnant.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:18 am

sinsboldly wrote:
now. .behave yourself, Dox. . .I know this is going to affect you greatly.
Don't say I wasn't ever nice to you, OK? Don't you think her glasses are rather dangerous behind the recoil? But the gold earring is a nice touch.

Nah, that's an AR-15, they don't kick much. Besides, she knows what she's doing, I don't foresee any scope bite (or vice presidential hunting accidents).

Edit, just saw the video, she's shooting at a military range in Kuwait, must have been part of an official tour of the region. That would also make it an M16 or M4 she was shooting, I wasn't paying attention to the barrel length. I'm waiting on the pics of her shooting an AK, as Samuel L would say "when you absolutely, positively need to kill every motherf*cker in the room, accept no substitute!".

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 3:09 am

jrknothead wrote:

Quote:
Well, if the worst thing you can say about this woman is that she took a plane ride after her water broke, or that her 17 year old daughter got pregnant, I'd say the democrats have a whole lot of worrying to do...

Here's an excerpt from a famous Republican:

With parents not around to connect with kids because of busy careers or divorce, or because they’re shacking up or never got married, having a baby of one’s own seems like an obvious way for a kid to get attention, bond to someone, and have some “hands-on” love. Unfortunately, it doesn’t play out that way as the child-mothers discover that children are seriously dependent beings.

I remember when actresses like Ingrid Bergman (who left her husband and child to go to Europe to have an affair with one of her directors) were shunned from Hollywood for such behavior, Now, having affairs, abandoning children, and giving birth out-of-wedlock are met with magazine covers and more job offers based on increased visibility.

When children have children, it’s largely because nobody is taking care of them; they’re lonely and lost. But we should never point a finger or suggest fault - after all, someone’s feelings might be hurt! And we all know that “feelings” are the most important value - right? Dead wrong.

http://www.drlaurablog.com/category/pregnancy/

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:18 am

Coadunate wrote:
jrknothead wrote:

Quote:

Here's an excerpt from a famous Republican:

With parents not around to connect with kids because of busy careers or divorce, or because they’re shacking up or never got married, having a baby of one’s own seems like an obvious way for a kid to get attention, bond to someone, and have some “hands-on” love. Unfortunately, it doesn’t play out that way as the child-mothers discover that children are seriously dependent beings.

I remember when actresses like Ingrid Bergman (who left her husband and child to go to Europe to have an affair with one of her directors) were shunned from Hollywood for such behavior, Now, having affairs, abandoning children, and giving birth out-of-wedlock are met with magazine covers and more job offers based on increased visibility.

When children have children, it’s largely because nobody is taking care of them; they’re lonely and lost. But we should never point a finger or suggest fault - after all, someone’s feelings might be hurt! And we all know that “feelings” are the most important value - right? Dead wrong.

http://www.drlaurablog.com/category/pregnancy/

absolutely! I remember the sneering faces of the women that told me to get out, they would not have a illegitimate child and their unwed mother on their property! Good women, all, who had a ring on their finger before anyone got the 'goods'.

I, for one, love this. I love to see the self righteous snobs have this pushed into their faces where they have to curl their lips and have to eat the same bitterness they have been dishing out for centuries!

So let the Republicans join hands and sing Kumbaya over teenaged unwed mothers! If the Democrats (as Obama said, was the child of a teenaged mother and a hasty marriage) can let it slide, that life is life and the wild thing is exactly that un tameable by anyone's standards, I say, let 'er rip!

Merle